• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GS3 Alive and Well

Share/Bookmark

GS3 Alive and Well

Just came back from AES and can only report that GS3 is alive and well - and if the demo I saw of a new TASCAM product called GigaPulse is any indication, GS3 will more than deliver the goods. Even *I\'m* excited again.

Sorry I can\'t say more.

Re: GS3 Alive and Well

Originally posted by blafarm:
    Just came back from AES and can only report that GS3 is alive and well - and if the demo I saw of a new TASCAM product called GigaPulse is any indication, GS3 will more than deliver the goods. Even *I\'m* excited again.

Sorry I can\'t say more.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">A demo as in demonstration??? Surely you can tell about Gigapulse!

------------
    Alex Cremers

GigaPulse is a convolving reverb plug-in that aparently \"fell off\" the GS3 development effort.

From the literature cover: \"Running under the VST protocol, GigaPulse generates the most lifelike reverb that you have ever heard by using actual recordings made in acoustic spaces, including tools to sample your own rooms. Our breakthrough technology adds microphone modeling, selectable room position and tail extension processing to the convolving engine for detailed control over the reverb sound\".

It\'s a very nice program, with the familiar Giga interface and it\'s supposed to be available in January.

I hope GigaStudio 3.0 will also come out in January then. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m sure it will come out in January...of course, January of what year is anybody\'s guess.
    -Hudson

Originally posted by Luigi:
    I hope GigaStudio 3.0 will also come out in January then. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Originally posted by blafarm:
    Our breakthrough technology ...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Breakthrough technology? Acoustic Mirror came out how many years ago?

here is something i postet on www.vsl.co.at and it fits very well in this threat:

hello,

i just got this response from tascam and i really really sounds like gigastudio is eol for them.

\"With regards to the online forum, TASCAM is not supporting the online forum at this time due to the manpower that is necessary to conduct this type of service. There are no plans to make the forum available in the near future. You may seek product assistance by either calling TASCAM\'s product support department or working with the Giga dealer you purchased your product.\"

so: the nemesys page is nearly dead, many links dont work anymore, tascom just droped gigastudio prices, they dont want to spend time on a gigastudio forum and the german distributer told me that they are really pissed by the nemesys programming performance and that they thought that they are buying something better.

so a couple people sayed here and somewere else that they are beta testing v. 3.0 but i dont really beleive this until i see a v. 3.0.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Disko300:
    here is something i postet on www.vsl.co.at and it fits very well in this threat:

hello,

i just got this response from tascam and i really really sounds like gigastudio is eol for them.

\"With regards to the online forum, TASCAM is not supporting the online forum at this time due to the manpower that is necessary to conduct this type of service. There are no plans to make the forum available in the near future. You may seek product assistance by either calling TASCAM\'s product support department or working with the Giga dealer you purchased your product.\"

so: the nemesys page is nearly dead, many links dont work anymore, tascom just droped gigastudio prices, they dont want to spend time on a gigastudio forum and the german distributer told me that they are really pissed by the nemesys programming performance and that they thought that they are buying something better.

so a couple people sayed here and somewere else that they are beta testing v. 3.0 but i dont really beleive this until i see a v. 3.0.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Much of this is misinformation. I\'m not sure why a German \"distributor\" would have anything of value to say about the programming interface. In fact, most sampleware developers will tell you that Giga\'s programming interface is quite a bit faster for most complex tasks, some differences amounting to literally DAYS of labor.

I have not heard a definitive answer about the message boards. As far as GigaStudio 3.0 is concerned, this speculation is inaccurate. Giga is quite rapidly approaching the last stages of development, manuals are being written, and many people inside and outside of the company are employed in this effort.

Best regards,
    Bruce

If you hear anymore Bruce, please keep us updated! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Will GS3 support VST like all other sampler (Kontakt, Match5, etc.) ?

Go Back to forum