• Register
  • Help

Topic: kompakt and the cpu problem

Share/Bookmark

kompakt and the cpu problem

i searched the whole forum but i didnt find any hint or help.

when i open up kompakt and import a sample set, the cpu meter goes up to 30-50%.

it seems that the DFD extensions does nothing to kopakt, this means i can only run 2 or 3 instances and there should be a little more [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: kompakt and the cpu problem

Wayne,

try setting both buffers to 600kb (Preload and voice buffer) in the DFD Performance set-up and set your reserved voice to 128.

Try that first..

Alan Russell

okay thx, i also fogured out that, by using the kompakt library, the effects are all turned on (reverb, chorus etc.)

that was the mainproblem... after turning of the internatl kompakt effects, the cpu levels lowered drastically [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Waywyn,

great!! You might want to consider 2 Gigs of Ram with a faster CPU..

My gear is notated on my Official Web Site below..

Alan Russell

hehe, yes i always considering getting bigger CPUs and Ram, but i guess 2,6 ghz is fast enough, but maybe the 1,2 gb ram is a little too small - like my moneybag [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m running an AMD 1.8 with only 516 RAM and Kompakt runs just fine fully loaded. Of course the AMD 1.8 is equivalent to a P4 2.8, so that may be why. But I\'m having no problems with the lower amount of RAM.

Have you downloaded the Kompakt update? That made a big difference in CPU load for me.

yeah did!

but i think the main problem was the kompakt library which had effects on when opening presets. i thought before converting the libs to kompakt i try the internal samples first [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

but after disabling the reverb and stuff its fine now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Waywyn:
    hehe, yes i always considering getting bigger CPUs and Ram, but i guess 2,6 ghz is fast enough, but maybe the 1,2 gb ram is a little too small - like my moneybag [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m running Kompakt on a 400 MHz G4, 2.6 GHz should be WAY more than enough!

What would be great would be to be able to use reverb as an aux, and not an insert. Problem is that if you use let\'s say 12 instruments with kompakt, you will have to use 12 times the Kompakt reverb. So now, if you have problems of CPU, you have to use another reverb in aux, which is too bad, cause Kompakt\'s reverb is quite good, I think.

So if NI could send to kompakt users kompakt\'s reverb as a plug-in, that would definitely be a wonderful idea... Is it possible?

Gieve

Go Back to forum