• Register
  • Help

Topic: CPU meter whacked out in GigaStudio 160

CPU meter whacked out in GigaStudio 160

I installed GigStudio 160 on my P4 1.5 Ghz with 256 MB Rambus memory and Hitachi Deskstar 7200 RPM 80 GB hard drive. I\'m running Windows ME with an M-Audio Delta 24/96 soundcard. The problem is that the CPU meter in Gigastudio is going crazy, running from 115% to 126% (and back down) when nothing is playing, and when I load up a simple patch and play, the CPU meter goes up to 250%. I e-mailed Tascam a few weeks ago and got no response. Has anyone had this experience? Does anyone know how to fix this? I\'ve done all the teaks suggested in the Tascam booklet. I\'ve also removed all startup programs except for Systray. I know a P4 1.5 processor is somewhat outdated, but I wouldn\'t expect it to be operating like this. The sound seems to be O.K., but the meter is whacked out. Many thanks to all who respond.

Winsted, CT

Re: CPU meter whacked out in GigaStudio 160

This was fixed by the most recent update, v2.54. It’s only a display issue, and really doesn’t matter at all.

Thanks Bill.

Furlan, I don\'t want to alarm you, but keep an eye on that Hitachi Deskstar drive. I just had one completely fail on me -- no chance of recovery. It was less than a year old.

This one died and took with it a number of tracks that I hadn\'t yet backed up.

Fortunately, I still have the midi files, but the failure could have potentially been devastating.

Hopefully this was just an anomaly. But keep an eye on it. My computer became pretty sluggish right before the crash.

Go Back to forum