• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to install Giga on WinXP?

How to install Giga on WinXP?

I just purchase Gigastudio 160 for Win98. There is a sticker on the package that says I can download the upgrade to WinXP/2000. Here are my problems:

1. Do I have to install this version on Win98 and register it for 24 hours to be able to download the upgrade? If so, how exactly am I supposed to get this installed on XP/2000? I thought I could download the upgrade when I bought it and install it on a freshly formated Win2000 machine.

2. My cable modem connection is down right now and who knows when they will get it fixed. Do I need to be connected on that machine to do all of this?

I emailed Tascam a few days ago and haven\'t heard a thing. I am going to have 12 days off of work to get my studio set up so I really want to get this resolved ASAP. Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated. Thanks.

Chandler, Arizona

Re: How to install Giga on WinXP?

You will need to contact Tascam directly. I don\'t have their phone number.

What\'s the version number of your GS? 2.5?

The last 98-only verion of GS was 2.20.XX This version is XP compatable. Install your version, then register. When you get your download key from Tascam, download and install 2.50. Then download and install 2.54 - the final update. While you are waiting for your registration key, you can still use 2.20.

If you find you need to uninstall GS for any reason, use this official procedure: http://www.nemesysmusic.com/pdf/clean-uninstall-xp-2K.pdf

Go Back to forum