• Register
  • Help

Topic: What sequencer do you use with Gigastudio?

Share/Bookmark

What sequencer do you use with Gigastudio?

What sequencer do you use to compose music with Gigastudio?

Does anyone use a scoring program to both compose and print scores for later use by an orchestra? If so, which one?

Thanks.

-- Martin

Re: What sequencer do you use with Gigastudio?

I\'m interested in this subject too. Having been out of \"it\" for many years, I use Encore - now a dead product. I am looking for a product with complete Midi control, audio control and good notation. I want the strong notation not so much for printing but for score viewing and some note entry. Like many here, I think in terms of musical notation and do not get a lot out of a \"piano roll\" view of things.

I am seriously considering Logic but am unsure how well it integrates with GSt.

Craig

I use a separate computer from GigaStudio for sequencing. I am using a MAC with Performer. It allows the PC to apply its full computing power, harddrive access, and memory to GigaStudio sound production.

clueless

I actually currently use Sibelius with gigastudio-
    Ive done only some small chamber things( trios and quartets) so I can\'t say how well it will work with bigger stuff-
    but for this its great because the playback in sibelius is excellent and you get accurate copies of your score and parts.

Im interested in other approaches as well-

El-Sim

Voyetra Orchestrator Pro.

I still have to laugh at that...such a cheap and seemingly \"un-pro\" sequencer. Funny thing is, it\'s still the only sequencer I\'ve found that does everything I need and works flawlessly with GS.

I use Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 and Cubase VST 32 sequencers with Giga Studio 160 without any problems. I record Audio from my Giga PC into Pro Tools on a Mac G4. For notation, I have been using Finale 2000.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

Do you use the notation capabilities of Cakewalk and/or Cubase for any note entry/editing? If so, which do you prefer? Also, why use both (I don\'t mean at the same time) rather than just picking one?

Thanks

Craig

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:
    I use Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 and Cubase VST 32 sequencers with Giga Studio 160 without any problems. I record Audio from my Giga PC into Pro Tools on a Mac G4. For notation, I have been using Finale 2000.

Kip

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by csduke:
    Do you use the notation capabilities of Cakewalk and/or Cubase for any note entry/editing? If so, which do you prefer? Also, why use both (I don\'t mean at the same time) rather than just picking one?

Thanks

Craig

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I do use notation entry and editing at times, depending on what I am doing. I have used Cakewalk for years, so therefore I am more used to it, but there are some features in Cubase I use, which are not available in Cakewalk, such as Cubase supports faster metronome/tempo settings. The 250 maximum beats per minute in Cakewalk are sometimes not enough for certain music, though there are work arounds in Cakewalk such as cutting note values in half. Also, VST instruments such as the Hammond B4 seem to run more efficiently in Cubase. I like having both programs available, depending on what I am doing.

Kip

Go Back to forum