• Register
  • Help

Be aware that if you do buy a RME Multiface with a cardbus card for your laptop, you will probably not be able to use it! The interface does transmits the groundnoise of the powersupply. I do hope that RME will offer a fix or refund to all poeple concerned, which did allready bought a Multiface for their laptop. If you are concerned you can send me a mail to iroth@telefonica.net . Also if you have a Multiface with cardbus on a laptop which works without the noise, please write. Apparently the noise only appears when using analog outputs.

In order to be fair towards RME, I do have to add the following to my previous post:

The noise generated with the combination RME Multiface-Laptop is in no way due to the Audio interface, but is due to the fact that most Laptop come with a grounded power supply. As soon as one cuts of the grounding pin of the power supply, the noise will stop. Of course since this is apparently a common problem, it should be mentioned in the interface manual, which is not the case.

Unfortunately the attitude of Matthias Carstens, boss of RME, is by my opinion the worst I ever did see and read. Statements as \"This is not our problem\" and \"to such mails I normally not even write an answer\" will for sure not encourage poeple to buy his products.

Go Back to forum