• Register
  • Help

Topic: after playing for a while giga freezes with stuttering sound !!!

Share/Bookmark

after playing for a while giga freezes with stuttering sound !!!

Hi All,

I hope some of you experts can help me with this strange problem.
    I just put together a dedicated gigastudio 160 and i\'m testing it by running a sequence ( from my Mac ) and after a while ( could take up to an hour or so ) the giga machine freezes and makes a stuttering looping noise.
    My set up is :
    Tyan motherboard S2390B
    AMD Thunderbird 1.4 Ghz/266
    sony IDE CD-rom ( master IDE bus 2 )
    20 Gb quantum ATA100 7200RPM for OS ( IDE bus 1 as master )
    60 Gb quantum ATA100 7200RPM for Gig files ( IDE bus 1 as Slave )
    Echo Mia Soundcard
    720 Mg of name brand ram
    I went through the Tascam/Nemesys recommanded configurations/trimming and latest drivers for everything. Gigastudio shows peak at 136 voices, memory 19%, CPU around 10 %...i\'m not using any FX. Thanks

Re: after playing for a while giga freezes with stuttering sound !!!

I just installed Gigasampler on the same machine and running the same sequence ( from my Mac ) works fine....so i guess it\'s a gigastudio bug !!! HELP !!!

You must be running Windows 98 (If you\'re running WinME, then that would be the first thing I\'d change). There\'s a well documented problem with Windows 98/98SE on computers with over 512Mb of RAM. I\'d try pulling out 256Mb and see what happens. There is NO fix for this btw...although, nobody needs more than 512Mb on a 98 system.

I\'d be interested to know if this helps...

I use Win98se. As stated earlier, my problem disappear when i run the exact same set up using gigasampler...the freeze happens only when i use Gigastudio 160. Strange.

Vudoo,
    I have the same strange problem sounds like , but w/ Gigasampler. I have a Tyan Trinty s1854 400
    PIII886, 128Ram, Midiman 2044 card(could be the problem?)Midisport2x2, Firewire 60GB, Ultra ATA/100 75GXP removable drive, Should I have SCSI or Ultra DMA?. I can runn about 4 instruments for about an hr. until freeze occurs (w/ ecohing error sound)
    Anyone?
    sirgiggs

Go Back to forum