• Register
  • Help

Topic: XP and any SoundCard?

XP and any SoundCard?

Hi, realise this has come up before for specific cards, but would really like some advice.
    Just upgraded to XP (fool, I know). Used to run GS with Cubase and the Sblive which was great but it\'s obviously not supported anymore.
    So, rather than reformat both har drives back to FAT32, i may aswell just get a new soundcard, it\'s not worth the pain.
    Any advice?
    Want a midi compatible card I think (doesn\'t it have to be to use gs?), pref 24 bit ADC/DAC at least, massively stable, zero latency, don\'t need more than 2 channels, but 4 with an option to add on would be nice, v low noise, same kind of ins/outs as the sblive.
    Any suggestions? oh, and a reasonable support team would be nice. Am i just asking too much?

Re: XP and any SoundCard?

Many of the GSIF cards don\'t have MIDI interfaces on them, however, you probably can leave your SBLive in place and use the MIDI on that. I can\'t recommend a particular card but you can get a decent 2-channel card for about $150 or so. I have some Echo MIA\'s that sound excellent and would be under $200. I did have some setup issues with them but after that was resolved they have been solid.

MAudio Audiophile 2496 works well with XP& Gigastudio. It has midi too.
    Doug\'s advice to use Sblive For midi sounds reasonable... In fact, I do so!
    cheap but good alternative would be Auiotrak Maya & Maya 44!
    Maya 7.1 the cheapest souncard for GSt ?
    Have anyone tested it?
    Hoontechs DSPValue 24 is good and cheap but I think there are no WIN XP
    drivers for Gigastudio, only ASIO.

Hi, this forum seems to be a little less active these days (?!). I\'ve been asking around anyway, and does anyone use the RME Multiface?
    How does it cope?

Check out the wamirack 24 by Egosys...
    it got Midi & audio and it\'s stable with XP and has
    around 4 to 5 ms of latency at 64 sample buffer setting under GSIF drivers..

Go Back to forum