• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga Studio Install

Share/Bookmark

Giga Studio Install

HI
    I upgraded from Giga Sampler to Giga Studio way back, and now I have a new sound card so I wish to re-install Giga Studio.
    I can not find the Giga Sampler CD, and the program is no longer on the computer.
    Does Giga Sampler have to be present on the machine to enable installation of Giga Studio?
    I still have the CD key and code for Giga Sampler, and have emailed all this info to Nemesys some time ago, but we all know how long it takes to get a reply, and I am anxious to re-install, but i don\'t want to screw it up...
    Any ideas gratefully accepted.
    Bryan

Re: Giga Studio Install

I still have my old CD, but never used it again. I reinstalled many times (new os, other computer etc).

btw when contacting Nemesys or Tascam I always get a quick reply (within a few days).

Re-installing GSt doesn’t necessarily follow installing a new sound. What exactly do you expect to accomplish?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:
    Re-installing GSt doesn’t necessarily follow installing a new sound. What exactly do you expect to accomplish?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thanks for your comment Bill. (that is \"new sound Card\") I was using \"Awe54 Gold\" and updated to \"Audiophile 24/96\", however the effect sends on Giga Studio remained the same, and I am expecting a send for each channel with this card. I am assuming the program will set up correctly if I re-install GS.

As far as I know you will only get the big mixer when using Gsif compatible sound cards. I don\'t know if the Awe54 Gold is.

Bryan,

>>>Does Giga Sampler have to be present on the machine to enable installation of Giga Studio?<<<

No, You don\'t need the pre-installed Gigasampler for re-installing the GigaStudio! You should completely un-install the pre-installed Gigastudio and Gigasampler if you have them. Make sure you backup the working projects.

Hope this helps,
    Long

[This message has been edited by LHong (edited 09-22-2001).]

Thankyou to all.... the problem is fixed, and the program is now working fine.
    Regards
    Bryan

Go Back to forum