• Register
  • Help

Topic: Digital Performer

Share/Bookmark

Digital Performer

Has anyone been able to get more than 16 midi channels running Kontakt with Digital performer on the same machine? If I run multiple instances, all of them share the same 16 midi channels.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Andy.

Re: Digital Performer

Some have good results useing a VST wrapper with the kontakt vst plug-in, there you get more than 16 channels with multiple instances. But in stand alone it\'s only 16.

Thanks for the reply Chaim. I know about the Audio Ease VST Wrapper, are there any others?

Andy.

in my experience with VST wrapper, i get some weird interface effects, with parts of the interface jumping around. as far as i can tell, the audio quality is fine tho. still, i prefer to use kontakt in standalone mode because of this.

i get this with kontakt, lounge lizard ep-1 and hardcore bass\'s kompakt, but other VSTis work great with it.

hopefully this will all be fixed when NI gets everything up and running in DP for OSX.

HTH

Hi John,
    Are you able to have multiple instances of Kontakt and more than 16 midi channels, when running VST Wrapped inside Digital Performer? - and if so how?

Thanks,
    Andy

sorry for sidestepping your original question Andy. my recollection is that you can have multiple instances with access to more than 16 midi channels-each time you instantiate kontakt it is identified separately by the track name with 16 midi channels available-at least this is how it is with other VSTis.

frankly, it\'s been awhile since i\'ve used it in VST mode as i found the interface bugs pretty frightening. and now that i think about it, i think they might hinder any attempts to edit the patches.

kontakt takes a pretty big CPU hit anyway, so i question how many instances you\'d really be able to run. sorry i can\'t give you a more definitive answer.

yea , thats the way its done in Cubase as well. e.g in your VST inst. rack ~Kontakt 1 has 16 midi cnls.,Kontakt 2 has its own 16 midi channels..etc etc..I can usually get about 5 instances going on 1 machine with P4 2.4 and 1 GB of ram. its great for orch. stuff. I have a feeling the new(1.5) update will accomodate DP better..Rich

Thanks Guys.

Andy.

Go Back to forum