• Register
  • Help

Topic: Soundcard Problem

Soundcard Problem

Hello Everyone
    I have just bough a new computer with a SB Live card (SB Audigy actually) which I believe should work with Gigastudio 96. However when I try to open Gigastudio I am told I don\'t have a compatible soundcard. I wondered whether there is a problem with the card, or whether it dosen\'t like my OS, (Windows ME). Anyone got any ideas?

Re: Soundcard Problem

You need to load the VXD drivers for it, GS doesn\'t support the Audigy when you\'re using WDM drivers.

Enjoy. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Got your private message, I couldn\'t respond back to it. If the card has a firewire port on it, it\'s an Audigy. I had one working with 98SE and Giga (even getting full 160 voices.) What other programs are running? What you may want to do is uninstall everything that you don\'t need.

If the card isn\'t an Audigy, pull it out, and get the model number off of it. (CT----) and get the VXD driver from Creative. I know that the Live 5.1\'s had an orange colored digital out jack and the regular Live\'s had a yellow colored digital out. That might help you out some too.

Good luck!

Thanks for your help, I have sorted it by reinstalling the soundcard - now it appears to work. Yipee!!
    Lloyd [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum