• Register
  • Help

Topic: No sound using Audiophile

Share/Bookmark

No sound using Audiophile

I recently re-installed windows 2000, and I got the latest driver for the audiophile card. When I open gigastudio, I get no sound when I play the virtual keyboard. I have the card selected in the settings area. The little port boxes are all grey, no lit green boxes. Does anyone have any idea how to set this up? I tired different things and nothing is working.

Re: No sound using Audiophile

How are things set up outside of gigastudio? (ie settings under the control panel). I have the audiophile set as my default device for almost everything including midi on my computer. Do you have other audiocards? In the delta control panel, what are the current settings? If you reinstalled the audiophile the \"sound bars\" on the audiophile automatically revert to zero and muted. I\'m not sure what you\'ve tried so forgive some of the simplistic answers. Can you see any sound being produced in the audiophile control panel? I keep the bars right before they red line in the audiophile. Also, unless needed for other applications I keep the audiophile on the Monitor Mixer. How are the sound levels within gigastudio? Are they properly adjusted? I hope some of this is useful. If not, let me know more of the specifics of your setup and I\'ll see if I can come up with something else. Also, have you tried completely reinstalling the audiophile? What kind of sounds are you able to get on your computer (ie other audio files)?
    John

As far as I can tell, no MIDI is playing through the audiophile. The only way I can hear a standard MIDI file is by using the other card. The motherboard that I\'m using has an onboard soundcard. The audiophile will produce sound, but no MIDI seems to be working. I have the moniter mixer set on the control panel. You might want to tell me what all you have set. Are you using the latest driver? I had found an older driver at one time and giga worked fine. I lost that driver and just got the lastest one from the website.

I am using the latest drivers but I work in XP. I\'ll check my system tonight and write down anything I think might be helpful. I couldn\'t tell from your message...is the audiophile creating the regular sounds (wav files, etc.)or is it your built in soundcard? (ie is the audiophile working at all?) If you want the old drivers you can check the box for all beta versions of drivers on the midiman web site and it should come up with all the old versions, but my guess is that it isn\'t the drivers. I\'ll check my system tonight and get back to you in the morning.

John

Sorry, I just re-read your message and see that you said the audiophile works, just not with MIDI. I\'ll see what I can come up with.

Okay, here are all the settings that I can think of in my system that have to do with the audiocard. Under sound and audio devices in the control panel I have sound playback, sound record, voice playback, and voice record all set to M Audio Delta AP Multichannel. I have Midi Music Playback set to Dalta AP Midi. Within gigastudio I have under hardware routing the Midi in ports either Maple Midi in Port 1 (if I\'m using a grandioso instrument) or Delta AP Midi. What does your hardware router say under midi in and midi out ports? On the sound card, my monitor mixer has all levels set to -3 (cutoff levels), all stereo linked, none muted. The patchbay router is to the monitor mixer. DMA buffer 512, 44,100 Sample Rate, Rate locked unchecked, Reset when idle unchecked. I assume the midi mixer levels in gigastudio are set to a high level so I\'m sure that\'s not your problem. Other than that, all I can think of is that another program that uses midi is interfering. Are you using a sequencer? The only time my midi wasn\'t working was when I forgot to launch Maple and I had my midi set to Maple Midi in Port 1. Hope some of this helps.

I got things to work fine. I had some extra crap in the registry which I removed. Windows 2000 seems to have this MIDI port limitation. After fixing the registry and re-installing the program, everything suddenly worked.

thanks for your help.

Glad to hear it.

Go Back to forum