• Register
  • Help

Topic: which MIDI controllers/keyboards

which MIDI controllers/keyboards

Hi. Just wondered which MIDI controllers/keyboards you favour when putting together your classically based music.

Re: which MIDI controllers/keyboards

Hi, I can tell you my likes and dislikes with my keyboard. It is a Roland A-37, 76 note controller.

Semi-weighted keys
    Velocity and Channel Aftertouch

You need to seperately purchase a power supply.
    The on/off switch is behind the synth.
    THe mod wheel is actually a joystick. It does have one data slider so you can use that. On that note though, more data sliders would\'ve been good.

Despite the dislikes I am happy with this keyboard. AFAIK it is around the cheapest available synth having 76 keys and being semi weighted.

One final thing, cause its not 88 keys I had to move some of the key-switching keys up with my Giga libraries. This was a minor inconvenience though cause I believe that the price jump to 88 keys is fairly high.

Re: which MIDI controllers/keyboards

I just picked up a used Suzuki Keyman 88 key digital piano. Very light keys, almost synth-feel (something I\'ve been looking for.) It\'s got MIDI in, out, and thru.. and all 88 keys work. That\'s all I was concerned about. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Picked it up for $300 locally too, great deal.

Here\'s another one on E-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2504007038&category=16 220

Go Back to forum