• Register
  • Help

Topic: TROUBLE FREE MIDI INTERFACE??

Share/Bookmark

TROUBLE FREE MIDI INTERFACE??

I\'m building a PC with a Dakota/Montana combo on the soundcard so I have 2 midi ports there, but need another interface for the additional ports in giga. I use a MOTU micro express on my other giga machine, but am looking for a cheaper alternative (serial, not usb),

Thanks,

Colin

Re: TROUBLE FREE MIDI INTERFACE??

Why not use MIDIOverLan+ ?

My main sequencer is on a mac. Is midi over LAN an option?? I had heard the OSX version is not out yet. Can I use a regular midi interface from mac to giga machine 1 and then midi over lan from giga machine 1 to giga machine 2??

Thanks,

Colin

Can I use a regular midi interface from mac to giga machine 1 and then midi over lan from giga machine 1 to giga machine 2??
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Colin, yes you can. Once MOL is installed they show up as regular midi ports in your music apps.

Regards, Scott.

Actually... sorry I didn\'t read your post carefully enough. I\'m not sure now.... [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Perhaps someone else can answer? I would think that you need to send a MOL out message from the Mac.....

Originally posted by Scott Cairns:
    Actually... sorry I didn\'t read your post carefully enough. I\'m not sure now.... [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">MOL literature states that MOL software must be installed on all machines taking part in the fun. Since MOL has not been ported to the Mac ...

Colin, since your sequencer is on the Mac, what is the PC-to-PC midi connection for? E-mail MusicLab and show interest in a Mac version. It would be a logical next step for them.

Go Back to forum