• Register
  • Help

Topic: Clicks and pops with Audiophile 2496

Share/Bookmark

Clicks and pops with Audiophile 2496

Ever since I reinstalled Win2k ive been having pops and clicks with gigastudio. I cant figure out what is wrong, my dma buffer size is 524 ive tried to higher it but it doesnt seem to help. It must be something with my settings on the AP 2496. Can someone tell me their settings.

Im on a AMD 2000XP with 1024DDR RAM amd gigastudio 160 2.54

Thanks for any tips and helps

Re: Clicks and pops with Audiophile 2496

I use a MOTU but I\'d be interested to know what video card you have, cause sometimes if you\'re video card cannot handle all of the graphic stuff it will cause clicks and pops. If you have everything set up and you grab a window and move it around a lot and hear more clicks and pops then it\'s definitely your video card. If you don\'t hear them when you do this then it\'s definitely not your video card. Sometimes isolating the cause can be a nightmare so I thought I\'d mention that just in case [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I have a Geforce 4 Ti 4600, pretty new and fast card. Hmm I will try to lower the graphics acceleration.
    Also thanks to Seth for the optimisation guide you sent by e-mail. I will go through it today.

Cheers

Im on a AMD 2000XP with 1024DDR RAM amd gigastudio 160 2.54
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Your machine is identical to mine except for the graphics card. I occassionally get clicks and pops but I can\'t pin down why it happens on some days, not on others. THankfully this noise has never occured when rendering to audio. Have you tried making the latency bigger? I think M-audio state that raising it from 384 to 512 should help.

I think I remember hearing though that the G-force cards have some issues with noise. You could try a few things;

- Install the latest drivers for the card
    - Update the firmware of the card
    - Update the BIOS of the motherboard and chipset

My apologies if any of this sounds too obvious.

Scott.

Ok guys thanks for your help and valuable suggestions, but this is how it was fixed. I disconnected my midi cable from the AP 2496 and put it on my M-audio 2*2 interface. Now I havent heard a single pop or click.

Cheers

Go Back to forum