• Register
  • Help

Topic: audio card with Midi ports options?

Share/Bookmark

audio card with Midi ports options?

I\'m trying to see what my options are if I were to buy something like the M-Audio Delta 66 when I still need midi in/outs... I\'m not 100% going with that particular card, but I was wondering what other people do when their pci cards do not offer the midi ports they need with out spending a ton of cash?

Re: audio card with Midi ports options?

Hi Seth, I guess the simple answer is; midi over lan

Scott.

Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:
    I\'ve had good luck with the M-Audio 2-port USB device. I don\'t use it very often, though, and I don\'t put a lot through it...I just use it in a live setting to attach my wind and percussion controllers. Surely some other folks use that interface, though, and could comment. It\'s the bright yellowish chartreuse one...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Bruce, I\'m looking at this very card to go with a laptop of the P3 600-700 range. I want to load Giga and the Bards Bose and play it live. I know this isn\'t specifically what you use it for, but do you have any thoughts?

Hello this is my first post YaY! Well anyway, the new Tascam us-122 is looking to be quite a promising new USB card, 2 xlr phantom powered mic inputs, midi, asio wdm and gsif drivers all powered by USB........ it looks to be pretty cool!
    If ya want to get a better look at it here is the link to it on Tascam\'s site.

Tascam US-122

Also a cool PCI solution could be the MIA Midi

Cee ya all later [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe I should have been a little more specific. The computer I\'m using does not have any midi ports on it at all. I still need the preamp that is on the cards like delta 44 or 66 but they do not have midi ports, so I was looking for a solution. I may just get one of those adaptors that are USB on one side and midi on the other... Does anyone know if they work ok?
    Thanks,
    Seth

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I\'ve had good luck with the M-Audio 2-port USB device. I don\'t use it very often, though, and I don\'t put a lot through it...I just use it in a live setting to attach my wind and percussion controllers. Surely some other folks use that interface, though, and could comment. It\'s the bright yellowish chartreuse one...

it\'s ugly, but I think this will probably work for me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] thanks!

Go Back to forum