• Register
  • Help

Topic: Terratec DMX 6 fire multiclient

Terratec DMX 6 fire multiclient

Hi I sold that audiophile card in the end. Anyway I got a different card the DMX 6fire, ok I found out it supports giga fine. I have a new problem now tho. its using Cubase SX and gigastudio at the same time. See using gigastudio is ok and I can load up Cubase SX but only one of them can have the output!!! this sucks because I want to record gig whilst playing along to some drums in cubase SX etc. I have tried different routing etc but it seems that both giga and cubase SX will only produce sound if on outputs 1/2. The problem is they cannot share outputs 1/2 and all the other ouputs are for surround sound stuff, highly annoying! At least with the audiophile I could easily do stuff like this. I would phone terratec technical support but I rang them to ask about giga compatibility and they didn\'t even know!!!! technical support is weak [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Terratec DMX 6 fire multiclient

Hmm, I thought the DMX 6 was a gaming card? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

There\'s no multiclient driver?

Its not a gaming card at all, its a pro soundcard which is basically the same as the terratec 24/96 only it has a breakout box on the front for inputs and outputs. Yes it supports gigastudio pretty well, better than my M-audio card did anyway.

I use terratec 24/96 cards myself.

You did enable the multi-client mode in the asio driver panel?

You must use the newest driver from
    and you must choose the right asio driver for dmx/6fire in your cubase audio system.

I think you should first watch very carefuly what kind of possibilities a sound card has: how many I/O\'s, what kind of I/O\'s, etc., before you buy a soundcart.

Go Back to forum