• Register
  • Help

Topic: 4 midi ports between 2 PC's without interface ??

Share/Bookmark

4 midi ports between 2 PC\'s without interface ??

Is it possible to create 4 midi ports between two PC\'s (e.g. Giga-PC and Midi-PC) without having to buy two expensive midi 4/4 interfaces, like a WinMan or MT4 ?
    In other words...

Is their a way to send/receive midi using a direct serial/USB/network connection between two computers? With some kind of customized driver perhaps? It has to be possible...

Maarten

------------------
    ( www.maartenspruijt.com )

Re: 4 midi ports between 2 PC\'s without interface ??

Hi!
    Couple of months ago there was a thread started by ursatz (was called \"what do I need in a soundcard\") which also touched this subject. Someone advised to connect two computers with a null modem cable and install on both computers Yamaha\'s CBX (can\'t remember exactly) driver. Each of these features two MIDI ports so you should be able to get what you need.
    Please check the earlier posts.
    Ondrej

[This message has been edited by ondrej (edited 10-07-2001).]

I tried the Yamaha CBX drivers, transferring midi through a serial, nul modem cable, but I can\'t get it to work...

I tried using a standard, simple Win98 direct-cable-connection using the same cable, but couldn\'t get THAT to work either. The 2 computers can\'t find each other.

The 2 PC\'s are also LAN networked and 1 of the PC\'s has Dial-up Internet installed.

Any ideas?

Serial cable connection doesn\'t work.
    Parallel cable connection DOES work !

Aren\'t there any similar midi drivers for parallel connection ?

Go Back to forum