• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using Giga and audio in Cakewalk

Share/Bookmark

Using Giga and audio in Cakewalk

I don\'t want to set up two soundcards in my computer, however, I would like to use Gigastudio and Cakewalk at the same time without Gigastudio overriding my Cake audio tracks and keeping them from playing. I imagine I will have to do some sort of workaround as I\'ve been told you need a second soundcard to play audio at the same time. So feel free to offer your best workarounds or fixes.

I\'m using a PIII with 1 ghz, 20 gig hard drive, and a M-Audio Audiophile 2496 card, if that helps.

Re: Using Giga and audio in Cakewalk

In device manager, find your sound card and make sure that the multiclient box is checked

Cody, tried to find the multiclient box in Devifce Mgr but never found it. I finally decided just to install the old, cheap sound card I had and use it as a workaround. Would be nice to use the Audiophile for everything but I discovered that it doesn\'t have any onboard MIDI sounds, anyway.

I use Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 and Gigastudio at the same time, with midi and audio tracks in Cakewalk. My soundcard is the Aardvark Direct Pro. Right now I have a project with 12 or so midi tracks assigned to different midi channels and several audio tracks where I had recorded midi tracks into audio so I could have more midi tracks. They all play at the same time. The Aardvark has no on board synth sounds, but that is what the Gigastudio is for, to play back whatever sounds I want.

Doug Bircher

Hey Boombaba,
    Did you look in the device manager, find your sound card and click on properties? I\'m not positive that your card is multiclient. I have an Echo Darla and it is, and there\'s a box to check in there. When it\'s not checked, Cakewalk and giga don\'t work together. It\'s either one or the other.

Hwy, sorry but I was out of town for a couple days and couldn\'t reply.

Looked in the Device Mgr again and again found nothing under properties that said \"multiclient.\" Then again, I\'m using Windows ME. Guess I have to call M-Audio to find out how to do it. Thanks for helping.

The newest drivers for the AudioPhile should be multiclient.

Look at http://www.midiman.net/drivers.htm

Go Back to forum