• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone try the M-Audio Firewire 410

Anyone try the M-Audio Firewire 410

Time for me to add a second PC and upgrade my soundcards. The second PC will run Giga and a rack of virtual synths (primary PC runs Sonar). The audio card has to be:
    </font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Multi-host</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Have at least 4 outs (8 or more would be better)</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Low latency is key</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Digital outs (SPDF)</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"> Anyone have experience with the M-Audio Firewire 410 interface? Sounds like just about what I need, and a great price point (I got a quote in the low $300\'s) but I\'d like to know if anyone has tried one yet.

Other options are the Gina 24, but then I\'ve got to pop in a PCI card and it wouldn\'t be as \"portable\" (as I\'d like to use it with my laptop and external Firewire drive on gigs at some point too).

Re: Anyone try the M-Audio Firewire 410

Yea, what he said! :-)

I\'m in the same situation. The 410 looks like a nice solution, but the proofs in the puddin\', so to speak...

I saw a post that indicated no GSIF support for the 410. The m-audio web site claims it does, and I have an email from product info at M-audio that confirmes GSIF support. (But again, proofs in the puddin\'...)

I\'m also interested in how one integrates the 410 (or any other DA capture device) into a system that has a SB Live! for doing Soundfont playback, supporting cd/dvd players, etc. Does the output of the 410 feed into one of the line-ins of the SB? Is it better to run two analog lines to the amp/speakers - one from the SB and one from the 410? Or should the SB feed one of the inputs on the 410, which does the AD/DA conversion and passes analog on to the amp/speakers?

Someone must be using the 410. Sound off!

Go Back to forum