• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tascam U-122

Share/Bookmark

Tascam U-122

Has anyone used this external soundcard with a laptop? My dad wants to use this along with his new 2.6 ghz laptop with Giga and Sonar, but he doesn\'t know if it will work as well as he wants it to.

Any advice?

Re: Tascam U-122

Has anyone used this external soundcard with a laptop? My dad wants to use this along with his new 2.6 ghz laptop with Giga and Sonar, but he doesn\'t know if it will work as well as he wants it to.

================================================

It does work very well with Giga. No doubt it is a system-specific thing though - there may be certain chipsets that don\'t play nicely with it. Tell us more about that laptop and what he wants to do with it.

I\'ve had my US-122 for two weeks now - very stable on my HP 466 celeron latop, Ath 1.4, and Ath 2.5.

However, support from Tascam over the phone and e-mail is not up to par and you can\'t easily team up with a large pool of US-122 users through the support forums :-( Hope you don\'t have problems!

Best wishes, Kev

Re: Tascam U-122

Well, he wants to get a P4 2.8 ghz laptop running Win. XP with 512MB of RAM and a 60 gig. hard drive. Would this be good for orchestral/guitar stuff?

Go Back to forum