• Register
  • Help

Topic: HELP: monitor does not work

Share/Bookmark

HELP: monitor does not work

Hi all,
    so I took the step getting individual components to build my own computer.

Now: I have a Asus Readeon 9200 VGA card & a Asus P4C800 Deluxe MBO. Starting the computer the first time the monitor does not receive any signal. I think the monitor is about 7 years old. could this be a problem or should I look at something else???

any other ideas???

thankx in advance

harry

Re: HELP: monitor does not work

You should get signal on pretty much any color monitor when the computer first boots as it is in a pretty low resolution and refresh rate. So if the monitor worked on another computer, then it should work on your new one.

Are you getting any beep codes when you start the machine? You should get a single beep if POST finishes successfully. If your not getting a beep, then you should remove all extra components except maybe memory (only install one bank), video card and see if it boots. If it boots, then you can start adding a thing at a time.

You may want to also verify that you have all your connectors hooked up properly. Make sure that you have 2 power connectors hooked to the motherboard. There should be one ATX connector and a secondary one with 4 pins hooked to the motherboard.

Haydn: you have solved the problem... it\'s been this little 4pin power connector that I missed... I am so tired now that I follow the journey during the next view days & might have to come back here asking further...

thankx a thousand times

Harry

Your welcome. Glad I could help.

Jim

Go Back to forum