• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio AES/EBU output

Gigastudio AES/EBU output

I\'m looking for a way to deliver sixteen AES/EBU outputs from my Giga PC into a Digidesign 192 Digital I/O.

It seems that there are a host of solutions for ADAT connectivity (48khz), but that the AES/EBU offerings are few and far between.

This is the only option I\'ve been able to find: Lynx AES16.

Does anyone know of alternatives here?

TIA, bobson.

[I\'m crossposting this in the Gigastudio forum.]

Re: Gigastudio AES/EBU output

Hi Lee.

I\'m looking for sixteen single-wire up to 96khz (eight dual-wire if I ever found the need to go above 96khz). I agree that 32 singles would be a little over the top.

I currently work just as you\'ve described, using eight 44.1khz ADAT outs for roughing-in and two 88.2khz s/pdif outs to print from a Terratec EWS88D PCI card.

I\'m upgrading to HD3, and figure since I\'m going to be dismantling the lawnmower anyway, now would be a good time to sharpen the GS blades. I intend to mix completely w/in PT, thereby relegating my GS rig to the role of dedicated sample playback device -- no faders, no pots, no fx.

I like the idea of simultaneous AES/EBU outs for two reasons:

1. During rough-in, I can monitor all sampled tracks at my target rate of 88.2khz.
    2. After rough-in, I can print all sampled tracks in one shot.

...assuming I don\'t go over sixteen channels, of course.

I recognize that these are marginal upgrades, but hey, a man\'s gotta do what it takes to have a nice-looking lawn.

Re: Gigastudio AES/EBU output

Nice deduction. The closest I get to orchestral emulation is Tom Waits, Paolo Conte, et. al.

Good thinking on a second GS box. I\'ll do a cost-benefit on that versus the Lynx.

However, I don\'t know if I really want to build one of those golf course behemoths. I\'ve heard the ladies say that real men don\'t sit on their lawnmowers, they push them.

On Gigapulse and VST w/in GS, I\'m hoping to simplify the mix process, but yes, I\'ll check them out when they arrive. Perhaps Rewire in GS 3.0 will float my mower.

Go Back to forum