• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mini PC and AUDIO

Mini PC and AUDIO

I need a new PC big time, and I\'m higly interested by buying a Shuttle. If anyone has one and use it as his audio workstation I\'d be grateful for some answers because I\'m afraid of some problems that might occur with mini PC:

- Being so small as they are, is there any risk that other harware inside them create some sort of interferences with my sound card or make a \"buzzz\" appear ? (I have an M-AUDIO AUDIOPHILE 24/96)

- The model I4d go for (SB75G2), comes with an embeded sound card, I\'m afraid that even if I de-activate it it could cause some problems with some software or hardware... Am I right or scared for nothing ? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you very much,

Re: Mini PC and AUDIO

As far as noise from internal components go, as long as the shielding on the wires inside the computers is intact this shouldn\'t be a problem. If you are going to disable the embedded audio card, you should do it from the Mobo\'s bios screen and not within Windows, this way the IRQ will be freed up and will not conflict.

Re: Mini PC and AUDIO

Thanks Joseph [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum