• Register
  • Help

Topic: New - Horn & Piano duet

New - Horn & Piano duet

The Clay Pigeon (2nd Movement)

This is one (very short) movement of a piece I wrote back in 1980 when I was 16 years old. The complete piece is for piano, clarinet, and horn. The first movement is clar+piano, second is horn+piano, and the last is all three. I performed this with a teacher and another student in a high school concert, but I think the GPO horn player has better tone than I did. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

By the way, I\'m having problems with the solo horn 1. You can hear some of it here, though I\'ve edited the worst parts in SoundForge to smooth it out. The problem is occasional clicking right at the point where a new note starts, if the previous note is still sounding. It\'s in legato mode, and the clicks happen somewhat randomly, but always right at a new note. Looking at the bad sections in SoundForge it looks like the new sample is starting in a strange place. I\'ll try to post some research and images on the matter this weekend.

But other than that... hope you all like this little piece. My style sure has changed a lot in 24 years!

Re: New - Horn & Piano duet

I enjoyed listening to this piece, I found it melancholic yet majestic; it really paints a picture in my mind. The instruments sound good too. The only thing I thought sounded somewhat artificial is the horn\'s tremolo that starts at 1:26.

Thanks for sharing,

Re: New - Horn & Piano duet

Hey, this is cool. I like the music and the sounds. I\'ve not had the problem with clicks in the solo French horn 1, though. Has it always been that way for you?

I do have to admit that the music does not evoke in my mind the concept of \"clay pigeon.\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum