• Register
  • Help

Topic: Combined Intruments and splits

Share/Bookmark

Combined Intruments and splits

I want to put 11 different articulation waves (all mono) into one instrument (controllable via ModWheel)
    , additionally some of them in PP+FF (controllable via velocity)

My problem:

Both combined instruments always share the half of the dimension range. What that means?

Example:
    A combined long (0-63 ModWheel range) and sordino (64-127 ModWheel range) instrument is to
    be combined with a tremolo instrument. The result: 4 splits. That would be ok, BUT
    the articulations of long and sordino are now one quarter of the range each (one split each)
    whereas the
    tremolo intrument uses the whole second half (two splits). Splits are added automatically but 16 splits
    will not be enough when the last added instrument always uses 50% of the available splits.

Can I change the relation between an instrument an its dimension range/usage of splits
    manually somehow?

Cheers

WIP

Re: Combined Intruments and splits

I’m not totally clear on what your asking, but would make this suggestion: Always combine instruments in pairs, then combine those pairs.

For example, if you’re combining 8 instruments, first make four 2 instrument combinations. Then two 4 instrument combinations. Finally, combine the two 4’s into the finally 8 dimension instrument.

Remember also that if you end up with the same articulation on two adjacent dimensions, you can alter other parameters to make them different.

Re: Combined Intruments and splits

It\'s ok. it was my mistake. I did the wrong steps. Now everything is ok.

WIP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:
    I’m not totally clear on what your asking, but would make this suggestion: Always combine instruments in pairs, then combine those pairs.

For example, if you’re combining 8 instruments, first make four 2 instrument combinations. Then two 4 instrument combinations. Finally, combine the two 4’s into the finally 8 dimension instrument.

Remember also that if you end up with the same articulation on two adjacent dimensions, you can alter other parameters to make them different.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum