• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hammerfall HDSP 9652 woes....

Hammerfall HDSP 9652 woes....

both my new pc\'s have HDSP9652\'s installed, except my prmary DAW has the AEB 8 I/O expansion boards. But I am unable to get the card dsp mixer to show any activity when I run either gigastudio or a mp3 in media player, however the PC with just the HDSP9652 DOES show some output activity in the mixer panel. The Hammerfall setting pages differ between the two machines in the sense that the Primary PC with the AEB expansion boards has the \'TMS\' option greyed out, whereas the sole HDSP9652 in the second PC has this option ticked. This seems to be an issue with the HDSP rather than the AEB\'s because the card simply doesn\'t register ANY audio in it\'s mixer panel, unlike the second PC. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Any ideas??? This is really starting to wind me up the bloody wall!

Re: Hammerfall HDSP 9652 woes....

I can\'t help you directly, sorry, I would post your problem to the Hammerfall newsgroup (see their site for info), they are very helpful and mostly quick with their replies.

Thanks, Will do.

As an update... i\'ve also noticed that the HDSP settings panel has a section called \'HARDWARE STATE\' which is not present on the functioning second PC\'s settings panel and that it has \"I/O BOX LOCKED\" in it.

Yes, I have, and this has helped. Both now are indicating some activity in the mixing panel!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] cheers.

however... does anyone know how to route the audio from the HDSP to the AEB analog outputs??? I cannot seem to get any audio from any of the analog out\'s.
    No response on the Rme newsgroup yet [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

This is somewhat more complex than my Audiophile [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ok. I\'ll take a deep breath.....

I\'ve now managed to send audio to each PC from the other by using the ADAT cables. I see the audio in the RME mixer panel. it\'s a start... but I still am unable to get ANY sound out of the card and into any other analog device (preferably my speakers). I\'ve tried the adapters that came with the cards (the phono converter breakout cable) to try and get some sound straight from the HDSP\'s themselves into several devices (i was attempting to bypass the AEB out board, which is wasteful, seeing as I\'ve bought the bloody thing but it seemed like a temporary solution to at least hear something from the card).

I\'ll admit that these problems are no doubt down to my own stupidity with regards to all this digital technology and I probably am not setting it up correctly. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    So i\'ll explain what I want it to be doing....

PC1 - CakeWalk pro 9, gigastudio, 1 HDSP9652 and AEB8 I/O boards,
    PC2 & 3 - Gigastudio, 1 HDSP9652

I need the Giga audio from PC\'s 2 and 3 to be sent back to PC 1 (via adat) and then the combined sound from all pc\'s need to be outputted to my speakers for monitoring. (I also assume that the sequencer would be able to record all the audio from the other pc\'s into 1 wave file?).

Maybe I should just get 3 audiophiles instead! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

With regards to the AEB8 I/O expansion boards... I did not install them (the guy who built the Pc\'s did that) but i\'m pretty confident he connected them up correctly. I still have no idea how I am supposed to route the digital audio from all 3 pc\'s out of these analog card jack ports.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] if any one lives near Leamington spa in warwickshire, if you know how to set these up, i\'ll pay you!

Well here I am replying to my own posts...

Problem sorted! It dawned on me this morning (3-4 am [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ) that the problem was probably hardware related... so I opened up the computer and it appears that the guy who built my pc\'s installed the AEB boards incorrectly, so I rewired them and It seems to be working fine now! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cheers for your suggestions all.

Go Back to forum