• Register
  • Help

Topic: How can you load and access more than 127 sounds in Gigastudio???

Share/Bookmark

How can you load and access more than 127 sounds in Gigastudio???

When a sound is loaded into giga studio it is assigned a program # 1-127. Once you acceed 127, giga will still load the sound but will duplicate program #\'s starting back at 1 again. It will only let you select the sound you loaded first into a port. How do I get around this?? I don\'t want to spend time merging samples etc. I see a bank indicator in the loaded sounds area of gigastudio. Perhaps this is the answer.

Re: How can you load and access more than 127 sounds in Gigastudio???

> Perhaps this is the answer.

It is, though I can\'t imagine that one system could handle even 127 instruments.

I have about 200, Bill.
    No tricks, just the basic GM + for rough mixing or doing pre-composition.

I was faced with the same problem. My workaround was unacceptable -- divide the piece into two or more totally independent files. How do you send GigaStudio a BANK SELECT message??

clueless

The GigaStudio should respond to standard bank changes. They are usually found in your sequencer channel. Once you load the 128th instrument into GigaStudio, the bank number increases and the patches start at zero. However, if a bank or patch assigment has been manually entered into an instrument, (very rare unless you do it yourself) then that assignment will be what it loads as. Assigning custom bank and patch changes could be helpfull in organizing things. That is done in the editor in instrument properties.
    Dave

Go Back to forum