• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Late request for GPO Big Band add-on

Late request for GPO Big Band add-on

Contrabass saxophone in Eb:

Other neat stuff at this site, too! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- m

Re: Late request for GPO Big Band add-on

Nice (rare) ax!!

Have mercy! They should be outlawed. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Or at least require a license to play.

Actually, the horn in the picture above is of ordinary size. The player standing next to it, on the other hand, is quite small. A common misunderstanding.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Y\'know, I *did* wonder if he\'s just a short guy who took up a large instrument for novelty value... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Probably a combination of the two!

- m

Check this out:

Contrabass Mania!

and this:

The TUBAX and other oddities

...and you all thought the euphonium was odd!!

Orcas Island

Let\'s sample them. They\'ll be a great addition to the jazz/big band library. Any volunteers to play these beauties?

Gary Garritan

What about a piccolo saxophone. There is indeed such a thing.

Check it out at:

Yes, a piccolo saxophone does indeed exist.

I'd love to have all seven saxophones in the Big Band add-on, that is, contrabass, bass, baritone, tenor, alto, soprano *and* piccolo saxes. So we've got both the highest and lowest ranges covered. That would truly make my day! Sampling these beauties is going to be a serious undertaking ;-)

Also a nice cornet would do very well in the add-on too.

I've got SampleTank2XL it is possible to emulate a good sax sound, for a contrabass I use a tenor sax and play it at the lowest octave on the keyboard. For a baritone, I'd play an alto at low octave, and for a bass I'd play a soprano at the lowest octave, and finally for a piccolo I'd play the soprano at a higher octave range. It is quite convincing, although I'd rather use samples, especially if they're from Garritan!!!

Come on, I know you can do it. If you can sample all seven saxes, this big-band add-on will most certainly fill our dreams of making gorgeous jazz tunes. I can think of so many uses for the piccolo sax, as well as the bass and contrabass. The baritone, tenor, alto and soprano are bread and butter saxes in modern jazz as far as I know, but having the bass, contrabass and piccolo would really enrich us with tools to really start churning out some awesome tunes. Imagine a tune with all the seven saxophones! Unbelievable!!!

West Seneca, NY

Talking Re: Late request for GPO Big Band add-on

If lost in the woods, whom would you ask for directions?
    1. An in-tune tenor sax player
    2. An out-of-tune tenor sax player
    3. Santa Claus
    Ans. – Number 2, The Out-of-tune tenor sax player. The other two indicate that you are hallucinating.

In a house

An Astor Piazzolla like Bandoneon (and/or an accordion) would be great to add to the pallette of the Big Band library.

I think the "expressive capabilities" of GPO would serve very well such instruments.

Go Back to forum