• Register
  • Help

Topic: Adding RAM=New GPO/Kontakt Player Authorization ?

Share/Bookmark

Adding RAM=New GPO/Kontakt Player Authorization ?

Hi there GPO people,

I finaly received my GPO [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and I\'m wondring if I will have to RE-authorize it after adding more RAM later on. It says in the GPO guide that changing stuff in the computer might cause it to generate a new system ID that will not work with the authorization key. I\'m asking because I\'ve read here that we are apparently limited to 2 installations???

NDEE [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Adding RAM=New GPO/Kontakt Player Authorization ?

Absolutely not! I upgraded from 512 to 1GB and didn\'t have to change a thing... other.. than the ram.. *sigh

- Junk

Re: Adding RAM=New GPO/Kontakt Player Authorization ?

What about the 2 install/authorization limit for GPO, where can I get more details about this???

I have read stuff here about it a while ago and now I cannot find anything even when using the search tool of the forum.

Comments anyone?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Adding RAM=New GPO/Kontakt Player Authorizatio

The number of authorizations is unlimited, its the number of active authorizations you have i.e one for your PC and another for the laptop. If you were to install say a new video card in your PC, that would require a fresh response from NI, and the code for the pre upgrade would have to be deactivated.

Of course you could potentialy keep the response code for the previous system, reinsert the old video card and it might well work but it would no longer exist in NI\'s records as viable.

But in any case the system should not cause you issue unless you change your hardware configuration frequently. I believe programs like Daemon Tools *may* cause issue as they physical drives as far as the system is concerned. I seem to be having trouble with Kompakt and \'system configuration has changed\' but GPO seems to be indifferent to it all.

Go Back to forum