• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: GPO Studio v.1.2 with "GPO Streamer": Pre-Release

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio v.1.2 with \"GPO Streamer\": Pre-Release

GPO Studio v. 1.2 beta which includes GPO Streamer is available for download

The new GPO Streamer allows you to record your performance to a wav or aiff format. 16 bit and 24 bit recording is supported. Now, not only will you be able to play GPO instruments directly from the score of your notation program, but record them as well.

Here are the links to GPO Studio v. 1.2

PC: http://www.garritan.com/support/GPOStudioV12RC1.zip
    Mac: http://www.garritan.com/support/GPOStudioV12.dmg.sit

The MIDI drivers to GPO Studio have also been updated allowing for enhanced performance and a bypass feature has been added to the Ambience reverb.

GPO Studio is a VST host application for Windows and Mac, created specifically for the Garritan Personal Orchestra. Foremost, Foremost, GPO Studio allows you to use a notation program to play Garritan Personal Orchestra. It manages up to 8 instances of Garritan Personal Orchestra, allowing you to play up to 64 instruments simultaneously on 64 separate MIDI channels. GPO Host also allows Garritan Personal Orchestra to be played direct from the scores of virtually any notation program including the bundled GenieSoft Overture™ SE notation program, as well as Finale and Sibelius. For the first time, notation program users can play high-quality orchestral sounds from their scoring program. GPO Studio will also interact with any from other MIDI programs or sequencers that don\'t directly support VST plug-ins.

Composers who work with real musicians typically use notation programs to score for various parts. The big studios use notation programs extensively for their studio orchestras. And of course, notation programs are used regularly in colleges and universities. Up until now, it was not really possible to hear realistic renditions from notation programs. This often required extensive and complicated routing or relied on small soundfont sets. Also, the sound libraries themselves did not lend themselves to the usual notation process. Orchestral libraries have sampled unisons for every ensemble and section. You would have three horns, three flute, six horns, or whatever, playing the same note. This did not lend itself to the individual parts represented by staves in notation programs. Since GPO is based upon the concept of builing orchestras and ensembles from individual instruments, this approach is ideal for notation programs. Each staff of the instrument can play a separate individual instrument part, or divisi or unisons.

GPO Studio also manages an instance of Ambience Reverb, which automatically places the GPO instruments in a room, hall, cathedral, or similar space of your choice. You can save and load sessions in GPO Studio. You can also load pre-configured orchestral templates to match those in Overture SE for a tighter integration between the two applications. GPO Studio provides 4 virtual MIDI ports (16 MIDI channels each), which you can access from within your MIDI program. For example, you can send MIDI data to the first instance of GPO launched within GPO Studio by routing output to the Personal Orchestra 1 MIDI port, as displayed in your notation or sequencer program. GPO Studio uses specially developed MIDI drivers (based on MaestroTools) to interact with Sibelius or other notation programs. If you do not have a notation progam, an excellent program - Overture SE - is bundled with GPO.

In addition, now you are able to record your performances with the included GPO Streamer.

GPO Studio is available free to all registered users of Garritan Personal Orchestra.

Gary Garritan

Re: GPO Studio v.1.2 woth GPO Streamer: Pre-Release

I\'m so happy I could cry.

This is a very cool update indeed...

[ QUOTE ]
    I\'m so happy I could cry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I\'m still crying! For some reason I cannot get GPO studio and Overture to work correctly! Maybe I should uninstall and install it again?
    In a holding pattern till this is resolved... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Welcome to my world... I can\'t use Sibelius+GPO Studio since the last versin came out. Removing it and installing an older version didn\'t help, too (I even opened a thread about it and Gary+Jeff tried to help, but no avail). I might try this one but meanwhile I have no more hopes of using Sibelius with GPO Studio... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I hope that others will have more luck with it (just as I did before having the stupid idea to upgrade to a newer version)

Styxx,

This looks like a job for super-tech. Look up in the sky...it\'s a bird, it\'s a plane..it\'s super-tech. Email me your phone number and we will have super-tech give you a call and get you up and running faster than a speeding bullet.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Gary Garritan

Re: GPO Studio v.1.2 with \"GPO Streamer\": Pre-Release

[ QUOTE ]
    The MIDI drivers to GPO Studio have also been updated allowing for enhanced performance

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate?

I finally got it to work!!!! I am so happy I\'m in tears!
    Now that I am working on a piece I would like to know where should (and this may seem like a stupid question to all of you techs out there so forgive me) the streamer be downloaded to? In the Garritan studio folder or the Overture folder or in some obscure place like my bathroom wall?
    Man (I almost swore there) I am so hap hap slap happy! I have this crazy string quartet piece ever here! It\'s upsidedown!
    What folder should the streamer be placed? This is so cool learning at my age!

Seem to have lost all Ambience presets except Ballroom 1.

[ QUOTE ]
    Seem to have lost all Ambience presets except Ballroom 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You saying the Ambience gets lost using the streamer? Or, am I reading you wrong... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum