• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Big Band Add on - Q for Gary

GPO Big Band Add on - Q for Gary

Hi Gary,

Can you tell me if I must have GPO in order to have the Big Band add on, or is it possible to have the add-on without having the basic GPO?

Re: GPO Big Band Add on - Q for Gary

I\'d also like to know a little more about what kind of package we are looking at. Will this integrate directly into the player we already have (for users of GPO) or will this have its on seperate player? I hope it\'s the former. And since I\'m on this question I wonder the same about Voci. It would be great if everything integrated into the player we already use instead of having to open a seperate player for every \'pack\' that we want to use.

Hey guys,

From my understanding, the GPO add-ons will integrate right into the original GPO orchestra player, just as if they were there from the beginning...

So, yes you would have to have the original GPO package to use any of the add-ons. You see, Gary pays a liscense fee for every copy of the GPO player to NI, so it would be finacially irresponsible to release multiple players (especially for the smaller add-on packages). If he takes the add-ons and puts them into the original GPO player, we get new sounds, with no new NI fees...

I know of a rather sweet add-on coming in the near future [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Please, please, please, give me the Jazz pack first... I can\'t take the wait any more. Nah, I think I\'ll take whatever comes down the pike first. Just give me some more toys to play with. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

All your money is belonging to Garritan [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Orcas Island

Hopefully it will be possible to have the Jazz/Big Band add-on separately. The same for the Choir add-on with Bela D. We are exploring different options and should know more soon.

Gary Garritan

Are these add-ons still in the conceptual stage? Or are they closer to completion? Also, will they be programmed similarly to most GPO instruments? For instance, cc1 for volume, etc.

- Junk

Good question, Junkmonkey! That\'s exactely the question I was going to ask!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Please tell us that the Jazz addon and the Choir package will be controlled on the same way GPO is!
    After using GPO for 15 minutes I never wanted to go back. All the other samples I own (eg. the complete SAM stuff) seems so cumbersome, difficult to use, unexpressive and limited (though sometimes better sounding) since I got my greasy hands on GPO.

The Jazz add-on is well beyond the conceptual stage but there is a great deal left to do. The programming will be consistent with GPO.

Go Back to forum