• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: GPO is a scam

GPO is a scam

Hi, I just wanted t6 share my opinions of the GPO. It sounds bad. No stacato and no life. Still, I prefer my Advanced orchestra. What a waste of time. I waqs drawn in by the Garritan forum, but those guys must be on drugs. Is this the best that samples can do these days?

- Jim

Re: GPO is a scam

Isn\'t it a bit late for April Fool\'s? jimorwell MUST be kidding.

Believe what you wish, but note - NONE of the other libraries/sample engines/synths etc. on the market can sustain a note and make it louder and brighter once it has been triggered. Sure, this $250 package doesn\'t sound as good as the $2500 package, but would you seriously expect it to?

It does a job nothing else to date has - offer a workable, playable full orchesttra for a price anyone can afford.

Yup, no staccato - yet. Lots of articulations missing - but that\'s what the other $2250 gets you...

EWQLSO silver has staccato samples and it\'s $300...

Shoot...I probably shouldn\'t have written that.

Orcas Island

My name is Dr. Gary Garritan currently serving as the President and Chief Officer of GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA (GPO), in the Republic of Orcas. I understand this post may surprise you as we have not met neither in person nor by correspondence.

I come to know Northern Sounds as reputable persons to buy sample libraries, which involves the transfer of a huge sum of monies just for orchestral samples requiring maximum quality. This request may seem strange but I will crave your indulgence and pray that you view it seriously.

We recorded the sounds of the very famous orchestras and made valuable recordings at great expense. Unfortunately at a LANS hang, one Mr. Honz Zimmar ran away with these sounds and began using them in blockbuster Hollywood movies. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It was unbelievable and shocking. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] This is how we lost our sounds to a heartless Hollywood composer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Recently Mr. Zimmar while bringing these sounds through the Airport (on route to Nigeria) was stopped by Memphis Custom Officers who seized the orchestral sounds and banned Mr. Zimmar and cohorts from Northern Sounds.

Because of my friendship with Memphibian officials , I now have in our possession the full orchestral library. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] To this effect I am so happy now I want to share my bounty with all of Northern Sounds and grant you right to use these valuable sounds in your enterprise for a modest fee. If you have been following the events on Northern sounds over the last few years, you will remember orchestral libraries costing thousands of U.S. Dollars for sounds alone.

I am now authorized to offer you full orchestral library with over 10 million dollars ($10,000,000.00) worth of orchestral instruments (including Stradivari, Steinway piano & pipe organ), along with sample player, notation program, sequencer, GPO Studio to interact with notation (with capture to wav), real-time staccato/articulation control, ability to build ensembles of your choosing, and more valuable bonuses - all for only $249 US Dollars. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Be rest assured that your very good fortune may give the illusion of a scam because you get so very much for so little investment, but I most humbly assure you it is a genuine. Please listen to over 70 user demos (with lots of life and many kinds of staccatos too) and see many user-created programs and tutorials that happy users have made on GPO website.

It is our respectful suggestion that you immediately accept these lucrative terms before I come to my senses.

Looking forward to hear from you soonest. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dr. Gary Garritan
    Republic of Orcas

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi, I just wanted t6 share my opinions of the GPO. It sounds bad. No stacato and no life. Still, I prefer my Advanced orchestra. What a waste of time. I waqs drawn in by the Garritan forum, but those guys must be on drugs. Is this the best that samples can do these days?

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

At $249 list, GPO is an outstanding value, quick and easy to use, great sound, and with options to \"build an orchestra\" or \"build a section\" that no other library has. I have GPO, and while it doesn\'t have all the articulations, for $249 it has a lot PLUS a reverb unit PLUS drivers to run with Finale and Sibelius.

It also has great consistency, from section to section, in the available articulations and how they work.

When I\'ve tested demos from Garritan in Samplitude\'s Real Time Room Simulator (convolution reverb) the results have been outstanding. In using the Impulse Files Gary made available to registered owners of GOS, GPO gets even better. The sound is just tremendous.

Even if I wasn\'t a dealer for GPO, I\'d still have to point out that many users are getting great results. And the demos show it. So if you\'re not getting the sound tha tyou expected, rather than trashing the product, put out some demos and ask for input.

Haha Gary, man, you crack me up!

Great post [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

UK- teeming with life....

I hope that this is just a wind up Jim! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] If GPO is a scam then it is one of the most brilliant, value for money scams available. It sure puts the, extremely, expensive high end sample library scams into perspective.

I don\'t know what type of music you like but just listen to the demos made with the GPO scam and compare it with the demos of the high end scams! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Silver is also a brilliant scam for the money but the GPO scam has some things that Silver doesn\'t....and vice versa.

There is no competition....they are both better than each other! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] When it comes to scams either is a good choice. Best get both scams then you\'ll have plenty to keep you busy.

Great wind up....

Nice one Gary....I\'ve had similar letters in my email asking if I would be prepared to handle some cash for a Nigerian.....but who hasn\'t!!

President Garritan forgot the interpolate \"Make no mistake\" into his text.

No staccatos?? Hmmm...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast