• Register
  • Help

Topic: NFX reverb settings won't stick

Share/Bookmark

NFX reverb settings won\'t stick

I\'m using Gigastudio 96, latest version. Whenever I edit an NFX reverb setting, then go back to the Port window, the reverb settings revert back to the default patch. Same problem if I try to save the settings as a custom reverb patch.

For what its worth, my sequencer is Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 and sometimes Sonar.

I\'m at work, so I can\'t give an an exact description of the steps involved, but if anyone has experienced something similar I\'d appreciate some advice.

Re: NFX reverb settings won\'t stick

Happens to me too....anyone have a fix for this?

Donnie

I am almost certain the problem is due to cakewalk which is set to a specific reverb and sends it via Midi to Giga.
    I have no idea how to fix it.
    Try to open the events list of the track and erase all the Midi commands in the beginning. I suspect one of them is the reverb setting.
    Good luck
    Eilam

I\'ll double check, but I\'m pretty sure I don\'t have any MIDI reverb or patch changes in Cakewalk/Sonar that could be causing Giga to change my custom reverb settings. Also, if I leave the NFX reverb editing window open in Giga, then return to Cakewalk, my reverb settings stick. I think its only when I close that reverb window that the settings disappear.

I experience the exact same problem. I have to leave the reverb window open or it reverts. I\'m not using Cakewalk. I use MOTU Digital Performer on a Macintosh and I\'m sure it\'s not sending any extra MIDI data to the GigiStudio machine.

Is this a bug? Anyone?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Erken:
    I\'ll double check, but I\'m pretty sure I don\'t have any MIDI reverb or patch changes in Cakewalk/Sonar that could be causing Giga to change my custom reverb settings. Also, if I leave the NFX reverb editing window open in Giga, then return to Cakewalk, my reverb settings stick. I think its only when I close that reverb window that the settings disappear.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same problem and use Cubase. It happens with all NFX settings.

i have the same problem and still use vision. i can\'t wait for this bugfix!

I don\'t know why that I haven\'t noticed this kind of problems.
    Just for fun, I have loaded 11 NFX1-Reverb/Multi-effs in Giga project, they had all different preset setting (11 eff\'s types, no customs), when we re-loaded it, they recently loaded all 11 NXF\'s presets correctly what they supposed to be.
    Here is system setup:
    P4-1~2GB system + GigaStudio160-V2.20.42 + Sonar-V1.30 + Pulsar/Scope-SoundCard-V2.05 + Wins98SE (Standalone system).

BTW, we have the \"Giga Default performance\" as No sample-library/NFX loaded.

Just a reference,
    Hope this helps,
    Long

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Erken:
    I\'m using Gigastudio 96, latest version. Whenever I edit an NFX reverb setting, then go back to the Port window, the reverb settings revert back to the default patch. Same problem if I try to save the settings as a custom reverb patch.

For what its worth, my sequencer is Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 and sometimes Sonar.

I\'m at work, so I can\'t give an an exact description of the steps involved, but if anyone has experienced something similar I\'d appreciate some advice.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by LHong (edited 11-08-2001).]

Go Back to forum