• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need Distorted Guitar EFX (scrapes etc) and Chords

Share/Bookmark

Need Distorted Guitar EFX (scrapes etc) and Chords

I\'m looking for a giga library with lots of distorted guitar effects such as overtones, feedback, scrapes, howls etc etc and distorted chords. I have \'56 Strat, VSL Overdrive, and SI Creamy Guitar (though not Creamy Guitar Chords or Les Paul PowerChords... are these useful?) At any rate, that would still leave the EFX, and I\'m really mostly interested in EFX. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Gabriel

Re: Need Distorted Guitar EFX (scrapes etc) and Chords

hmmm.. would have suggested Overdrive... I beleive the Hans Zimmer guitars also have scrapes

Hi Gabriel,

[ QUOTE ]
    I\'m looking for a giga library with lots of distorted guitar effects such as overtones, feedback, scrapes, howls etc etc and distorted chords.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sample library \"Steve Stevens Guitar\" is an old library which is now only available in audio and Roland format. I have the akai edition, but apparently that edition is not available anymore.

It has interesting (multisampled) guitar sounds (the univibe) and (single) effect sounds which I have not heard in other distorted guitar libraries, including lots of scrapes, howls and dive bomb samples, so I am still happy I have it.

In the past there were two reviews about this library, but these have dissappeared as well from the web, so I can can only give the links to two companies that still sell the library:

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/simple_search.phtml?KEYWORDS=steve+stevens

http://www.bestservice.de/search.asp?uid=518459a212p67p163p236&lng=3

For distorted distorted lead guitar, I play a clean electric guitar sound on my Korg synthesizer and send the output to a Behringer V-Amp 2 (one of many virtual guitar amplifiers with tube simulation that are available). This gives you a more realistic distorted lead guitar sound than if you would play SAMPLED distorted guitar notes.

Rob.

Rob,
    Thanks. This is just what I was looking for... judging from the demo. I\'m going to order this CD. Hope it\'s not too much work mapping the samples.
    Bye for now,
    Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

To give you an idea of some of the electric guitar effect sounds on Steve Stevens Guitar library, I have included a link to an improvisation of mine on which I used a few of them. It proved that a heavy guitar does fit my soft brass piece, although letting a real guitar player improvise a lead guitar line would likely result in a more \"integrated\" and musical result.

http://users.raketnet.nl/woodwind/Brass%20Blanket%20with%20Guitar.mp3

Greetings,

Rob.

Rob,
    No integration needed.... no lead guitar player.... just leave it as it is. That is one beautiful piece of music. It\'s pensive but it tears your heart out at the same time. It\'s rare to find such intensity and transcendence at the same time.

Thanks for the example. I will order the library. The price is certainly reasonable (about $90). My only hesitation is that it is only available in Roland and Audio formats. I do have Translator, so the move to Giga might not be too hard, though I believe that it would be easier going from Akai samples.

I\'ll try searching further on the web to see if there are copies available in Akai format anywhere.

Thanks for the music.
    Gabriel

Go Back to forum