• Register
  • Help

Topic: BBC Radio Stage & Screen - Henry Maccini

BBC Radio Stage & Screen - Henry Maccini

The BBC radio programme that did the Danny Elfman interview did a programme about Henry Maccini today. Click here to listen again.

\" Tommy Pearson pays tribute to the film music of Henry Mancini, and talks to his widow Ginny about the Mancini Institute in Los Angeles and its summer school for young jazz and classical musicians.\"

Re: BBC Radio Stage & Screen - Henry Maccini

Andy, thanks for the tip.
    I always love to listen to these interviews.
    I emailed the BBC producers of the show, asking if they would consider offering an archive of all the past film composers profiles but I was told that it wasn\'t being considered at the moment.
    Shame, especially since the old sound blaster card of my internet computer doesn\'t seem to allow me to record the stream into Wavelab [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    (anybody with a fix please PM me, thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Yeah Andy, this is a great program.
    I suggest everyone to take a listen to many specials.
    They show also the arrangement of orchestral pieces by great composers, section by section. Very instructive to me.

Hi Pierre,

Yes, I wrote to the producers too.
    They told me they hope to repeat some of the big interviews (Danny, Eli etc.) during the summer.

I will try to let you know if and when they come around again.

Thanks Andy and mmmm, my name is Patrick [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum