• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: POLL: Favorite GPO demo thus far?

Share/Bookmark

POLL: Favorite GPO demo thus far?

Which, of all the demos posted on the Garritan site, is your favorite?

This pole will be open for an undetermined amount of time and I\'m trying to talk Gary into some wonderful prizes for the winner...

We would like to have a \"Top Ten\" on our demos page for those that don\'t have the time to indulge in all 70 demos.

You may vote for as many of the demos as you\'d like (but please only once for each track and once for each post, it will make it easier to count).

And no, voting for mine will not win you one of the prizes, but it might get you into my good graces... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Just kidding... happy voting!

Re: POLL: Favorite GPO demo thus far?

\"Widow of War\" of course! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Also, \"The Swashbuckler\" which has been removed for some reason. \"Eternal\" by Jun. \"The Seventh Seal\" by Francesco. \"Tuscan Affair\" and \"Join the Sith\".

Edited because I\'m a moron.

Oh my God you\'re joking right? How do you say one is better than the next? Call me crazy but each one of those compositions are unique. I wouldn\'t know how to begin to choose the best for a top ten. Be that it may, Why not each month have a different top ten list?
    Picky Picky Picky.
    Let\'s go ask the Wizard! Maybe he can give you the courage! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    This <font color=\"red\">pole</font> will be open

[/ QUOTE ]

What\'s this \"pole\" made out of? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I want to enter the poll but I am not sure if it is entirely fair if I haven\'t heard all 70 of the demos because - well just because. Out of all of them that I have heard I would say that my 2 all time favorites are Ahh Movies and Gary Christmas which are both by Francesco. Join the Sith, String-Adagio, Widow of War and yes Swashbuckler were some others that I really enjoyed enough to keep a copy of. There were other excellent arrangements of classical pieces like Beethoven\'s 5th, Magic Flute Overture and the New World Symphony which were awesome renditions of old classical pieces. There are really a lot of excellent demos. I guess I will need to listen to the other 20+ demos that I haven\'t yet in order to be truly fair. Anyway this is a start

Dave

One more thought - \"I\'m trying to talk Gary into some wonderful prizes for the winner...\"
    That would be great. But for me, just having my work on the demo page was the best prize I ever received.

Ahhh, that\'s sweet Styxx. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I would definitely have to say my favorite is The Seventh Seal by Francesco. That\'s the piece that sold me on GPO..........

hy guys,

i think like styxx, the best prize for me is to have a song on the demosite of GPO.
    I often wonder, how a composer can create a track like the tracks on the demosite.
    I would like to create a piece like ADVENTURESQUE from Christain von Hage.
    I\'d never wrote a piece like that, so that\'s my favourite.

Glad to see everyone wanting to promote such a competition-less atmosphere. Perhaps a rotating Ten Spot would work... I\'ll talk to Gary about how much effort would go into updating the demo page every week with a new Ten Spot...

In the meantime, I still enjoy hearing which pieces moved you guys the most, even if it isn\'t voting for a \"pole\" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=\"brown\"> Favorite #1: </font> The Easy Winners. Virtuosic GPO performance. I swear I\'m sitting right there next to group of musicians.

<font color=\"brown\"> Favorite #2:</font> Mozart Clarinet Concerto. I love the delicate detail. A beautiful performance.

Go Back to forum