• Register
  • Help

Topic: 12 channel mixer recommendations?

Share/Bookmark

12 channel mixer recommendations?

I\'m looking for a 12 channel analog mixer for my home studio. Any recommendations of models with good track records?

Thanks!

Re: 12 channel mixer recommendations?

Ignore that last question. Instead, what\'s the verdict on the Behringer MX9000 Eurodesk Mixer?

I bought the Alesis Multimix FXD 12 channel with onboard 28bit FX, and digital out. Just got it a few days ago, and so far it seem very good for the $$. I was using the excellent Mackie 1202, but alas it was 11 years old or so and the rotary pots were shot, and i was getting some weird buzzes. I bought the Alesis from muzicsle@optonline.net (ebay vendor) and paid the best price around at $259 including shipping and no tax. When I first got it I was bummed that I couldn\'t figure out how to kill teh main outs while listening to headphones, but alas I read the manual [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])

It\'s very quiet and clean, has 100 digital effects, 3-band EQ, 4 stereo inputs, 4 mono. The model without the digital output was about $70 cheaper at the street price. For home studio, seems very nice and not too pricey. Mackie doesn\'t make one with FX AND digital out that I know of.

Noel

I talked to a Mackie tech about repairs to my 1604. Just for grins I asked what was coming up new in compact mixers from Mackie. What he told me is that they are working on (if not already released) 1202, 1404, 1604 with firewire. Not much else was said.
    Thought this might be interesting.

[ QUOTE ]
    I was using the excellent Mackie 1202, but alas it was 11 years old or so and the rotary pots were shot, and i was getting some weird buzzes.
    Noel

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? To me from Mackie to Alesis sounds like a real degredation. If you had waited a little more the new Onyx series from Mackie would come out. Alesis is know to use the cheapest parts for building their gear, so don\'t expect it to last as long as the 1202.

I agree. Mackie is a far better mixer than Alesis. I own both makes. The Alesis I use for playback. The Mackie for Audio recording. But, soon to replace the 1604 with the new Onyx with firewire. Check them out www.mackie.com

Go Back to forum