• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO demo MIDI files

GPO demo MIDI files

Some time ago there was talk about having downloadable MIDI files for the GPO demos on the Garritan web site. How is it going with this? It would really be a blessing to be able to learn from the masters this way, especially for those of us that have little or no experience from traditional composing for a full orchestra.

One would imagine this to be a simple task for the composers, to just open up their song, save it as a MIDI file and send it to Gary <------- Big humble hint [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Naming the tracks to the GPO patch names would be very nice too <------- Big humble hint #2 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Wirebird <------- Eager to learn more!

Re: GPO demo MIDI files

There has been at least one reply. I think it was \"postlude\" or something. An organ piece. With as many awesome demos as there are on this forum, more MIDI files would be truly beneficial.

I would have to agree that any midi files from the demo section would be a huge benefit to most of us!

Orcas Island

We are busy making a section on our site for MIDI files, notation, sequencer, scores and other files. Many have sent files and we\'ll post them on the GPO site soon.

In the meantime, MIDI and other files have been posted in this forum in recent weeks:

Francesco Marchetti\'s horn demo
    Here\'s a link to the MIDI file, Cubasis, Overture and GPO Studio files for Francesco Marchetti\'s horn demo.
    http://www.northernsounds.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=122471&page=2&amp ;view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#122471

Postlude on Melanchthon.mp3
    G Rudolph was kind enough to post his MIDI file and pdf score on this thread:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB18&Number=12252 1&Forum=f18&Words=postlude&Searchpage= 0&Limit=25&Main=122516&Search=true&amp ;where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newer val=1&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype= &bodyprev=#Post122521

Alan has posted his MIDI files to November in this thread:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB18&Number=15457 6&Forum=f18&Words=november&Searchpage= 0&Limit=25&Main=154473&Search=true&amp ;where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newer val=&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=& amp;bodyprev=#Post154576

There will be many more coming soon.

Gary Garritan

[ QUOTE ]

Alan has posted his MIDI files to November in this thread...
    Gary Garritan

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Gary, nice one...

Great news! Thanks Gary and Alan, that should keep me busy for a while [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

...by the way, that is a beautiful composition, Alan. Thanks for sharing!

Links to the \"Melanchthon\" files have changed. They are:

Postlude on \"Melanchthon\" - mp3
    Postlude on \"Melanchthon\" - midi
    Postlude on \"Melanchthon\" - pdf

[ QUOTE ]
    ...by the way, that is a beautiful composition, Alan. Thanks for sharing!

[/ QUOTE ]

No prob, thank you for the kind words, I take a lot of pride in this piece, I believe it is my best yet... so, onward to December... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum