Best Piano Library ? Just listen and Guess

hi,

Best Piano Library ? Just listen and Guess :

http://www.audiolivepro.com/2.mp3

Regards,

Olivier

Re: Best Piano Library ? Just listen and Guess

Steinway Sylver Mozart V2.0?

At leat that\'s what the mp3 file says [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Still a very nice demo. Thanks for sharing it.

Too easy. It\'s the Milan Steinway. I think it\'s too attackie to be the best. So, I\'m still waiting.

Hi Alex. Actually that demo is not of our Steinway. Perhaps soon Olivier will have the same demo using our samples, but this one is from another sample set, I\'m guessing the Sylver Steinway since that is the title of the MP3.

Also, the original Steinway we recorded has an attack just like you hear in the demos. I wish you could try the real thing! I did record one more pp layer which will eventually be put into the sample set. Perhaps that would ease your ears a bit.

Anyhow just wanted to let you know that\'s not our piano in this demo. Thanks!

Hi,

www.audiolivepro.com/Steinway-EWQLSO-Mozart-demo.mp3
    (224 kps)

Yes it\'s the EWQLSO Silver Steinway B :

Audiocard : Waveterminal 192 X + Directwire
    EWQLSO Sylver + Cakewalk Sonar
    SteinwayB-32-layers-with-release Multi.nkm
    (Version 4.0 of Silver Steinway-update at www.soundsonline.com)
    a warm reverb

I will receive soon the Milan Audio Steinway D and it will be my favorite piano with the Silver Steinway B .

I\'ve just listen to the Bach demo of John and it\'s give me some ideas.

Regards,

Olivier

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Well, I guess Olivier had the Milan piano in mind when he created the 4.0 patch of the Silver Steinway B. Am I right? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Well, I guess Olivier had the Milan piano in mind when he created the 4.0 patch of the Silver Steinway B. Am I right? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i have/had the Milan piano in mind !

Regards,

Olivier

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I think the piano sounds really nice Olivier, and the playing is great. You are an excellent player.

The orchestra parts sound almost disembodied from the piano, though. It is so warm and rich, and the orchestra sounds extremely cold in comparison. I wonder if the two elements would marry together better if you really warmed up the orchestral parts and cooled down and narrowed the piano\'s imaging just a tad?

Best regards,
    Bruce

Yeah, I\'ve found that sometimes with EWQLSO a bit of hi-end reduction really helps gel everything together. You might also want to try boosting (just a tad!) somewhere in the lower mid range (maybe 3dB @ 200Hz). I don\'t ussually do this but in comparison to the piano the orchestra is indeed a little less boomy.

It sounds great, can\'t wait to try out the update! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

It sounds great, can\'t wait to try out the update! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.soundsonline.com/EWQLSO_Steinway_4.zip

Regards,

Olivier

Go Back to forum