• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Just Bought GOS

Just Bought GOS

It will arrive tommorow... any tips? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Just Bought GOS

Defrag the drive its going on and get ready to do a lot of reading... it comes with a wonderful, in depth manual (and some gret packaging)...

Take the time to carefully read the manual, especially the part that describes the different sections and controls, it will cut-out 20 hours of needless trial-and-error getting the sound you\'d like.

Also, GOS comes with some very nice impulse responses, so go download SIR if you don\'t have it yet, IR blows away any digital verb I\'ve heard yet.

Other than that, have fun...!

Dont let the sheer amount of articulations scare you. Its a good thing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

It looks overwhelming at first but as Alan says, have a read of the manual. You\'ll understand the way Gary and Tom have programmed it.

hehe... i\'m not too worried about the amount of articulations.. I have quite a few VSL products [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

that SIR thing you mentions.. thats new to me... what is it?

I normaly just use GIGASTUDIO reverb, and plan on getting Gigapulse when its out

In very lame terms, SIR is a free version of GigaPulse - that is, they are both convolution plug-ins that produce realistic reverbs by taking a digital picture or \"map\" of famous Concert Halls.

Convolution is an advanced math proceedure that others here are WAY more qualified than I to comment on, but I can tell you this, IR\'s result in much more realistic reverb when compared to digital reverbs, such as the one in GigaStudio...

Right, thanks... you have a DL link or site?

Give me a minute to Google it...

Edit: here you go: http://www.knufinke.de/sir/index_en.html

Thanks... will check it out

You can download impluses at www.noisevault.com these can be loaded into SIR.

I\'m a little unsure on what, exactly, impulse responses are, and how they are used.

For exampler, does the IR sit on a bus that is inserted as a send effect into an audio track? If so, does it process the audio like any other effect would (sending one dry, one \'wet\' signal)? grr

Maybe it\'s just the name, but something isn\'t clicking!

Sorry if I missed something obvious...

- juNK

Go Back to forum