• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: First GPO "Demo," not the moon

Share/Bookmark

First GPO \"Demo,\" not the moon

This is a piece i\'m working on for strings, percussion, and woodwinds. I tend to write rhythmic, savage, visceral music, so this piece is somewhat of a departure for me.

Incidentally, this is not complete. The complete work will be longer, and will go much further \"out\" before returning home.

It\'s meant to be felt more than heard--turn up the volume and let it wash over you. Otherwise it\'s just boring [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

http://www.uglybassett.com/Data/notthemoon.mp3

It\'s completely GPO except for the solo cello harmonics toward the end, which come from Edirol.

hope you enjoy,
    chris.

Re: First GPO \"Demo,\" not the moon

Chris,

This ambient music is a nice departure and I found myself getting lost in it. Hard to imagine this was made with a orchestral sounds. I liked the textures you created and weaved throughout the piece. Hope you don\'t mind if this finds its way over to the GPO demo page.

Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks for the compliments! Sure, go ahead and put it on the demo page, although I\'d like to replace it with the complete version eventually.

This will be performed by real musicians (gasp!) in Baltimore sometime this summer or fall. I\'ll keep you posted.

chris.

deserving a *bump*

Very enchanting. This is the kind of music that would take forever to write out just by listening to it. Everything sort of blends together. Woodwinds or strings? Dunno...

Great job.

Oh, Zoot! Oh wonderful, wicked Zoot! This is AWESOME! I listened to it five times in a row. There\'s something so innocent and profound about it. It has an Ivesian feel to it that I really like. Excellent, excellent, excellent.

I only disagree about one thing, and that is the \"felt more than heard,\" which I understand what you mean, but there are details that are so intriguing and tasty, and not the slightest bit boring. I can\'t wait for the entire piece.

Tasty indeed. I like the feeling of things slowly baking at the center and all the thunder and lightning happening way off on the horizon.

Chris,

This is absolutely great.

Thank you for sharing your music with us.

Sincerely,

nice use of textures [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    what reverb are you using here?

Cool. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Gives me that \"David Lynch movie\" feeling.

Very interesting...really enjoyed it.

Cheers

Rodney

Go Back to forum