• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: E Mailing .gsp files

Share/Bookmark

E Mailing .gsp files

I have a friend who emails me his .gsp files but they open up without the sounds. He\'s on AOL, and I use Outlook Express.

Has anyone had success with this?

Thanks

Re: E Mailing .gsp files

In order to use someone\'s .gsp file, you must have same setup as follows:
    1> Same hardwares like soundcard+
    2> Same Giga installed setup Directory, where to launch Giga and where is the .gsp
    3> Same Giga-sample libraries at same directory, where are the samples.
    4> Same giga program and software version.
    5> Maybe more required?

So, I don\'t think it\'s going to work if you don\'t have identical setup.

Remember that it probably isn\'t legal to send these sounds to another person. Please read your license agreements.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Haydn:
    Remember that it probably isn\'t legal to send these sounds to another person.

*gsp-files are performance files. They do not contain any samples or programs so I can\'t see it should be illegal.

Scarbee

It is pretty frustrating. I wish there was a way tol use other peoples GSP files or atleast search of the instruments over networks.

If I try loading a gsp on another com[uter in my netwrok it doesn\' load... how frustrating when I want to do some editing on the laptop

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

>>>Does anyone have any advice on using articulation files? Do they load automatically with the GSP file?<<<
    The articulation files could be imported/exported and stored inside the .gig file structure.

An articulation files is loaded while you have a gig file is open in the Editor. When you save the file, it becomes a permanent change.

As for Performance files, I’m pretty sure that if instruments are named exactly the same on different machines that QuickSound will match them up correctly.

I think this REALLY needs to be addressed by Tascam. Hopefully the new release will have this bug fixed. Through subsequent dialogue boxes after you open the GSP file you should be able to search and locate any .gig files the .GSP file doesn\'t find automatically. What if the studio\'s Gigamachine has the AO strings but you used the mirslav at home? The EXS24 in Logic does this very well.

Does anyone have any advice on using articulation files? Do they load automatically with the GSP file?

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:

As for Performance files, I’m pretty sure that if instruments are named exactly the same on different machines that QuickSound will match them up correctly.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I added a new drive, and drive letters changed. All performance files then became useless.

I had to recreate them all manually.

I think tascam needs to make it appearent how to:
    1) edit a performance manually, with a text editor or something similar, so one can correct path to files when drive letters change.
    2) use the options that one sees when rightclicking on a performance file in the file browser.
    ( specifically the one that says \"sync directory\" )
    Needless to say the \"manual\" is relatively useless beyond an entry level point.

SK

This ought to be simple for them to do. Maybe there\'s some reason they\'d want to keep the .gsp file format secret, but I don\'t know what it would be. It would be great if there were, for example, a way to do .gsp <-> XML file conversions. Tascam, if you send me the specs, I\'ll write the converter. (Right after my next visit from the tooth fairy...)

Go Back to forum