• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Greatest hits CD?

Share/Bookmark

GPO Greatest hits CD?

I am serious. Who will produce GPO greatest hits CD? No? Yes? I have compiled quite a bit of music from everyone here and last night burned it to a couple of CDs! Now, when I am doing my own work in my studio, your music is entertaining me! There is a lot of fantastic original music and \"cover tunes\" here.
    Aaaaa whuts up doc?
    Shhhhh! Be verwy verwy verwy quiet.
    I\'m listening to GPO greatest hits!

Re: GPO Greatest hits CD?

That\'s actually a pretty good idea. May do it myself when I get home. I just wonder what happened to the Swashbuckler demo, it wouldn\'t be a complete set without that.

[ QUOTE ]
    That\'s actually a pretty good idea. May do it myself when I get home. I just wonder what happened to the Swashbuckler demo, it wouldn\'t be a complete set without that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That one was before my time. However, I agree that music created or recreated with GPO should be on the CD. I have most on my lap top at the school here and play them constantly throughout the day. A great source of inspiration for me not to mention just plain darn good programming and music!
    To me this is a special place with special people. No idea or composition is less or greater than the other in my book. I will say I do have preference as to which got what cut number on my CD.
    Now, to apply artwork that would represent GPO. Maybe I\'ll leave that up to more capable hands. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Funny you should mention this. I\'m actually doing a CD right now of the best GPO demo songs, to send to a friend that is very interested in GPO but only have a modem connection.
    (I hope that does not violate any copyright issues, it\'s for the sole purpose of convincing him to buy GPO. If so, someone please let me know before I send the CD).

There\'s a LOT of very good demo material published. Some of it really makes me wonder how so much can be achieved with such an - in comparison - small package, and they\'re a great asset for learning how to get the most out of GPO. Perhaps the CD that you are suggesting could be both for a musical experience and a learning experience, with project files and MIDI files?
    Also it would be nice to have access to 16/44.1 WAV/AIFF versions. The difference to MP3 is huge...

By the way, what happened to the Vivaldi Spring demo from Four Seasons?

Wirebird

This is a very good idea.
    The best prize for me is to be part of the GPO Demo composers.
    Great would be to be on a \"best of CD\" with one or more compositions.

regards
    andy

[ QUOTE ]
    Funny you should mention this. I\'m actually doing a CD right now of the best GPO demo songs, to send to a friend that is very interested in GPO but only have a modem connection.
    (I hope that does not violate any copyright issues, it\'s for the sole purpose of convincing him to buy GPO. If so, someone please let me know before I send the CD).

There\'s a LOT of very good demo material published. Some of it really makes me wonder how so much can be achieved with such an - in comparison - small package, and they\'re a great asset for learning how to get the most out of GPO. Perhaps the CD that you are suggesting could be both for a musical experience and a learning experience, with project files and MIDI files?
    Also it would be nice to have access to 16/44.1 WAV/AIFF versions. The difference to MP3 is huge...

By the way, what happened to the Vivaldi Spring demo from Four Seasons?

Wirebird

[/ QUOTE ] \"I hope that does not violate any copyright issues\",

I don\'t know, but it seems to me if you are not selling for a profit what\'s the harm? People give away music everyday to friends and family as a \"gift\". I\'ll have to ask my contract lawyer.

Go Back to forum