• Register
  • Help

Topic: Milan Steinway

Share/Bookmark

Milan Steinway

I just checked out the Milan Steinway and I really like the sound. It\'s sort of a players perspective sound with some ambience added. It is very full sounding, but also nice and bright when you hit it hard. It is definitely one of the top few sampled pianos. However, there are some notes in the upper range that have slightly overly present hammer thunking sound. I minimized this easily by turning the volume down of those few notes. Also there are notes here and there which pop out a bit. Some volume tweaking will fix that very easily. AND the bottom 2 and half octaves as well as the top 2 and a half octaves are just slightly too loud. This can be fixed in a few minutes with the key range function in the amp section of Kontakt. I did this and the instrument sounds more balanced and real. Also, I really want to hear more of the sofness of the piano. It jumps to the louder velocites too quickly for my taste. I think an afternoon of tweaking will make this piano many peoples favorite. Maybe offer a tweaked softer version as an alternate multi to download.
    Great job!

Re: Milan Steinway

[ QUOTE ]
    I think an afternoon of tweaking will make this piano many peoples favorite. Maybe offer a tweaked softer version as an alternate multi to download.
    Great job!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

I cant\' wait to receive it (I\'ve just ordered it) and i have already some soluce to tweak this Piano.

I\'ve played on a real Steinway D and i will program my own patch to make this Piano very very nice to play for all serious pianists.

Doug should take a look/listen to this Piano and a Kompakt version player is welcome.

Regards,

Olivier

Hi Nick and thanks. Glad the piano samples arrived so soon! I\'d like to hear what your tweaking did to the piano. Would you mind sharing the .nkm file? This will help me make the piano even better and see how users such as yourself would like to hear the samples. I appreciate your comments very much. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

I am also looking forward to Olivier\'s patch when he completes it. The more the better! Thanks guys.

Brett,

When will the close miked set be ready???

My credit card is ready!

Hello Ed. Work has begun on the close mic samples. Since I have several projects happening at once it\'s a bit difficult to say exactly when they will be ready. A rough estimate would be in a month or so. What I\'ve decided to do is to wait on the Volume 1 pedal up samples until after I complete the Volume 2 close samples. From what I gather it seems many people are more interested in the close miking so I want to get those samples going. Please check out our site in the next month for news on the piano. Thanks!

Go Back to forum