• Register
  • Help

Topic: MENC/NAMM - GPO at Music Educators Conference

Share/Bookmark

MENC/NAMM - GPO at Music Educators Conference

We will be exhibiting at the Music Educators Conference at the Minneapolis Convention Center April 16-18. If you happen to be attending or are in the area please stop by. Don Williams from Overture, Garth and Jeff Hurchalla will be joining us.

I am writing from Willmar, Minnesota, home of Chicken Sys software. Garth is an extraordinary host and he sends his greetings to all.

I\'ll post a show report later.

Gary Garritan

PatS

Re: MENC/NAMM - GPO at Music Educators Conference

[ QUOTE ]
    We will be exhibiting at the Music Educators Conference at the Minneapolis Convention Center April 16-10. (emphasis mine)

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you talk and walk backwards, as well? That hilarious Red Dwarf episode (\"Backwards\") springs to mind.

Have fun. And say \"Hi!\" to the gang for me.

Pat

Thanks Pat,

The dates are April 16 - 18. Yes, I am going backwards this evening.

Gary Garitan

Hi All,

I\'m still in Minneapolis. Had some bad weather here which cancelled many flights. Here\'s a brief show report.

The MENC/NAMM show was an interesting one. Quite different from January NAMM. A Marching Band startedd the show (make me think about a GPO marching band add-on). There were conferences and sessions dealing with many aspects of music education. Some of the more interesting sessions: \"Your laptop is your Studio\", \"All about Surround Sound\", \"Music Industry Transformation\". There were special presentations of Garage Band, Scratching like a DJ, World\'s Fastest Drummer Contest, and concerts featuring Michael McDonald and Eddie Palmieri.

We met some great people - some Northern Sounds members: Chris Luke, Paul Reising, Adam Burford and others. Industry people from Overture, Finale, Sibelius, Steinberg, Tascam, Native Instruments, M-Audio, Warner Brothers, and various music publications. And of course many educators from institutions of higher learning, along with good people from Minnesota. Jesse Ventura never showed up.

Garth from Chicken Sys was a fabulous host. Garth took us to on a grand tour of the Twin cities. Saw the Mississippi River, St. Paul, Garth\'s hometown of Willmer, the Minneapolis skyways and Mall of America. Would you believe a roller coaster/ferris wheel/amusement park in the middle of the mall? Overall we had a good show and met great people.

I hope I did not miss any exciting action of the forum. Hope to be back tonight or tomorrow.

Gary Garritan

We all miss you Gary! Have a safe flight home and don\'t forget to check your mail when you arrive. (no, no money)
    It\'s been soooo loooonely without our leader.

Go Back to forum