• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Black Grand BETA demos

Share/Bookmark

Black Grand BETA demos

Ok, here are a first couple of demos using one of the patches from the upcoming Black Grand.
    Before you download the mp3:s, I need you to stand up and say three times: “This is a beta!”, “This is a beta!!”, “This is a beta!!!”
    There is stuff to be tweaked still! If it wasn’t, it would be on sale in our store right now……

Here’s a bit of background:

The instrument used was a Steinway D (Hamburg). It was recorded in a concert hall. Why? Because the Steinway was constructed to be played in that kind of room, (nad so where all grand pianos…)
    The piano has 48(!) samples/note. 16 pedal up, 16 pedal down and 16 matching release samples. (In this version only 4 release levels where used due to limitations ion the current Gst version, but that will change….).
    The Steinway was recorded in three different perspectives, close, ambient and a sort of in between version, what you here in these demos are the ambient version.
    It has some ambience from the hall, but not more then to give it character.
    This Steinway is intonated in a rather bright way. Now, many of you was probably expecting a darker piano after the White Grand, but since the piano sounded this way, I rolled with it rather than trying to EQ it to a darker version. Art Vista are working on a great darker piano for those of you who needs real mellow!
    Many of the pianists I’ve talked with about this instrument loves it for just that reason. It’s a soloist’s instrument that makes it possible for them to be heard through a orchestra.
    Ok, here are the demos (remember the chant? “This is a beta….This is a beta….”):

Stella by Starlight Performed by Richard Krull, originally made as a demo for the White Grand, but the midi works great with the Black Grand.
    Adagio Cantabile

Re: Black Grand BETA demos

Worra,

being from the Jazz genre, it\'s Stella By Starlight\" not \"Moonlight\"

Alan Russell

[ QUOTE ]
    Worra,

being from the Jazz genre, it\'s Stella By Starlight\" not \"Moonlight\"

Alan Russell

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops.... sorry about that... changed!

Wow, Worra! I like it already!

When do you expect this to be ready again?

Worra, this sounds very, very GOOD! Bright is beautiful!

Cheers!

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow, Worra! I like it already!

When do you expect this to be ready again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how the testing goes, but we hope to have all three perspectives in a final testing state in a couple of months, so release date would be around July.

Wow, July? That\'s a long wait! I like that it has a more serious tone than the White Grand, Worra, but the playing sounds somewhat restrained. Is this because of one of the three Beta reasons?

----------------
    Alex Cremers

Beautiful !

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Dang...

That sounds really good. I love the fact that this DOES seem to be a piano that can express restraint and hesitancy. These are hard qualities to get in a sampled piano. I sure wish you luck with it, Per.

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow, July? That\'s a long wait!

----------------
    Alex Cremers

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there\'s +6000 samples to edit, and that takes a while..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast