• Register
  • Help

Topic: Loading GPO samples into GarageBand

Share/Bookmark

Loading GPO samples into GarageBand

I\'m a composer who likes the simplicity of GarageBand and the great samples in Personal Orchestra. My question is How does one load PO samples into GarageBand?

Re: Loading GPO samples into GarageBand

Does Garage Band support VSTi\'s? This would be the only way, unless you use GPO as a stand alone and use GPO Studio to render outside of Garage Band and then bring it back in...

Apparently, GarageBand is just waiting to load Garritan Personal Orchestra. I followed the routine given here and my worries are over!

http://www.macjams.com/article.php?story=20040220071720174

Hello

Garage Band does recognize AU plugins, so GPO can be used. The downside is Garage Band cannot access GPO\'s multiple midi channels. You\'re limited to only one midi channel per GPO instance.

Kevin

Kevin,

It seems that Garage Band treats the Kontakt Player as effectively a one-instrument sample player. Can you load many instances into Garage Band? If so, one may get the same net result.

Thanks for the report.

Gary Garritan

PS: The Hollywood Strings in GarageBand may sound familiar

Gary,

Yes, Garage Band can load multiple instances of GPO, one instance per instrument. I\'m running a test to see how processor efficient Garage Band is at running multiple instances of GPO. I\'ll keep you posted.

Kevin

Tupper wrote and said he followed the instructions in

http://www.macjams.com/article.php?story=20040220071720174

and substituted GPO for NI\'s B4 and Garage Band was also successful in playing GPO!

Thanks Tupper.

Gary Garritan

I am interested in using the Garritan sounds in garage band but I can't figure out how to get them to play on my own and none of the links in this thread go anywhere anymore... Could someone either give me or lead me to directions on how I can do this?

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman6291 View Post
    I am interested in using the Garritan sounds in garage band but I can't figure out how to get them to play on my own and none of the links in this thread go anywhere anymore... Could someone either give me or lead me to directions on how I can do this?
    Hi Pianoman!

Type GarageBand in the searchbox of this page. I think you'll like the results!

Cheers,
    Eric
    Éric Patenaude, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum