• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: RealGuitar is shipping

Share/Bookmark

RealGuitar is shipping

Just thought I will mention that RealGuitar from musiclab is shipping. I bought and downloaded it today, and must say it\'s a great new innovation way they use to control the acoustic guitar samples. The VSTi comes with steel, nylon and 12 string guitars and even a great sounding double tracked steel guitar. Check out http://www.musiclab.com for more info.

Re: RealGuitar is shipping

I\'m very interested in this. Any other info, comments, opinions welcome.

Sure, but it is kind of hard explaining in a few words what this is and how it works. You can download the manual on their website which helps a bit. But just to give you a quick rundown of the features.
    What I like the most is the way it converts regular keyboards chords to guitar frets. You play a c major on the keyboard and it wil play the C major as a guitar would play. But that\'s not all by far. You can chose between chords(up/down/mute/different velocities/alternates), solo with slides, noises, harmonics, alternates, bass notes with chords, and my favorite bass notes with app. where you play the chord in your left hand and pick the six strings in your right from C5, again with different velocities, alternates ect. You play the strumming the same way, chords in the left and right hand from C5 with up/down strokes and mutes.
    Overall I think the sound is as good or even great compared to, lets say the Motif ES8 that I have, and it will see most chord types. Not like Virtual Guitarist that only sees a few.

Oh, forgot to mention that for every chord you can actually choose between 5 different interpolations. And since they sampled every string within almost every fret they all sound pretty good.

I was only able find a one realguitar demo on the site (the one that is a video). I was hoping to hear demos of strummed chords. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Johnny - any chance you could post up a quick and dirty demo of strummed chords - kind of like the acoustic guitar part in Jewel\'s \"Standing Still\"?

[ QUOTE ]
    Johnny - any chance you could post up a quick and dirty demo of strummed chords - kind of like the acoustic guitar part in Jewel\'s \"Standing Still\"?

[/ QUOTE ]
    The strumming is the weak spot I think. Since it is made of the single string samples it just don\'t sound as realistic as Virtual Guitarist that is samples of actual strumming performances. On the other hand, you have so much control over the parameter of the strumming, that with practice it might be possible to pull of a convincing Jewel guitar.

Fancy giving us a quick Stairway to Heaven demo? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] No audio demos for it yet on their page. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    The strumming is the weak spot I think. Since it is made of the single string samples it just don\'t sound as realistic as Virtual Guitarist t

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what the shorted notes can be in VG? I tried playing a quick complicated note structure with VG (acoustic) and it records the midi info but plays back NO sound, I\'m thinking the notes must be too short. IMHO, one of the things I need from a midi guitar is the randomness of how I play but VG always seems to have problems playing it back.

Regarding this demo from this new program, the acoustic demo sounding pretty good but I noticed this bending artifact on the running bass line that he does with his left hand. Listen to it again. I guess we still have a ways to go then?

Just watched the video. It sounds abit \'cheesu\' tbh [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I also bought this yesterday. One of the problems I have noticed already is that when entering chords to strum (left hand), this actually produces sound - which is bad because unless you press all the keys very carefully, you end up with the wrong chord sounding. What would have been better is the way VG tackles this using the MIDI Ch16 feature, whereby you play the chord in the left hand (which DOESN\'T sound) and then using single keys in the right hand activate the type of strummed chord to obtain the sound.

I hope this is something they might address very soon - as unless they do it\'s pretty useless to me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast