• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO and Sonar 3 - any issues?

Share/Bookmark

GPO and Sonar 3 - any issues?

Are there any issues with using GPO in Sonar 3 Producer Edition?

I\'m poised with Credit Card in hand, just want to be sure I\'m not buying into a world of problems [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
    Gwydi

Re: GPO and Sonar 3 - any issues?

I\'ve been using GPO with Sonar 3.0 without any major issues. I do use the VST version as there is a tempo bug issue with the DXi version. I\'ve run into a sustain problem once with some of the solo strings but that should be fixed in the next update. The weird thing is, I did another piece using solo strings a couple weekends ago and had no problems.

Sonar is quite memory efficient which allows me to load quite a few instruments in 1 GB of memory.

Because of sustain problems with DXi version, I have been using the GPO VST version with Sonar 3 with no problems, as well.

Hi Gwydi

I use GPO and Sonar 3 PE. I\'m writing a tutorial for the GPO site on how to get started using the two of them. It\'s kinda lengthy! If you ever wanna check it out, just search the tutorials section of garritan.com. It may not be up for a few days. Also included are sections on how to use Sonar. There is an Understanding Sonar section and a Sonar tips section (cool stuff that make MY workflow smoother [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).

Hope it helps!

- JUNK

I am also using GPO and Sonar 3 PE and am very pleased with the results!!!!! Both products are amazing. Sonar, for me, is very intuitive.
    GPO is simply a steal!!! The sound that you will achive is simply amazing. The demos here will atest to this. Buy it now!!! You will be ever so happy you did!

I use the two and have had no problems with them so far. Seem pretty solid.

Take Care

No problems here - SONAR 3.1.1 and GPO working fine.

I think I\'m using the VST version too (not sure \'cause it loads from a template file now).

Buy it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hi guys,

I recently got GPO and I am now looking at getting Sonar 3 Studio or Producer Edition (not sure yet which). Anyway, in the previous posts you guys talked about a VST version of Sonar, are you reffering to Sonar used with the GPO Studio VST host or is it something else?

Also, anyone out there using Sonar 3 with a laptop that has a 4200 rpm HD?

I have a Dell P4 1.7 Ghz, 768 RAM and a 4200 rpm HD and it works fine to run an old Cakewalk version. The system requirements for Sonar 3 on Cakewalk.com states that you need a 7200 rpm HD...

Comments anyone ?

Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

NDEE

[ QUOTE ]
    I recently got GPO and I am now looking at getting Sonar 3 Studio or Producer Edition (not sure yet which). Anyway, in the previous posts you guys talked about a VST version of Sonar, are you reffering to Sonar used with the GPO Studio VST host or is it something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

We\'re referring to the VST version of GPO Player. GPO Player can be installed as both DXi and VST versions. I experienced some hanging notes using the DXi version in Sonar 3 that I don\'t get with the VST version.

NDEE,

7200 spin drives are much better at handling the demands of HD streaming. In Sonar they are primarily thinking about multitrack audio recording/playback requirements (maximum number of tracks without glitching). GPO loads into RAM so HD speed isn’t an issue but, . . . with the future of GPO holding the possible addition of the HD streaming option it could become an issue if you wish to take advantage of the option.

Tom

Go Back to forum